Fox lures

SSS

hi,if you ever get the chance to watch a dvd by the warrener concerning foxes,he uses two types of lures(he does not really call them lures)..ones looks like a squirrels tail and another is a wobbling rabbit.

he mentions that they are used with a masking scent(used during the day) and he squeaks the foxes in and the "lures" are used to hold or attract the foxes attention and give it something to go for.

thus distracting the fox from him and giving a good chance of getting the fox.

if you look up warrener,it should come up with his webacage and show the rabbit and lure he uses and sells.

al

ps,the rabbit he sells,does make a squeaking noise to.

Edited by albob

It was watching the warreners video a while back that made me think about it. I am considering getting one, but wanted opinions before I possibly waste my money.

All the best,

Sam :blush:

Edited by SSS

"hi,if you ever get the chance to watch a dvd by the warrener concerning foxes,he uses two types of lures(he does not really call them lures)..ones looks like a squirrels tail and another is a wobbling rabbit.

he mentions that they are used with a masking scent(used during the day) and he squeaks the foxes in and the "lures" are used to hold or attract the foxes attention and give it something to go for.

thus distracting the fox from him and giving a good chance of getting the fox."

Sounds similar to what I have found using a "Predator Enticer" coupled with a home made electric caller as per http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm#El-Cheapo but to be honest results have been variable:some easy shots on fox but other times foxes not at all interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awgcarkbXhY...feature=related makes it look easy but personally where I shoot I find the foxes just as liable to run the other way when you try calling them.Mind you I have also been taken by surprise at how fast they run in at times.Certainly the Enticer is a useful distraction if they do run in and maybe others could get better results than me,but I don't think I would buy another.