New shooter help!!

I have only started shooting about 1 year ago and i foud that,while out in a hide decoying i cannot seem to kill/hit pigeons when they are sitting on the ground! I dont understand why! I can continuosly kill them stone dead when they are flying into the decoys or over our heads or out of trees or at long distances  :thumbs:

I use a beretta o/u with usualluy size 6 eley or homeloads :laugh:  please help me cause my dad constantly laughs at me! :D

If you are shooting at any thing on the ground with a shotgun aim at its feet as the gun kicks up sending the pellets slightly higher than you aimed :thumbs:

Dont worry about your dad just keep wispering "Your going to miss your going to miss" in his ear

always works  :laugh:

If you really want to know where your pellets are landing when you fire at a stationary target, then do this test.

Split a paper sack open, hang it on a fence, mark a centre point and fire at it, aiming for the centre point, from say 30 or 40 yards away. Check the sack for the pellet holes after each shot. Better still use a new sack for each shot.

This will quickly and accurately show you if your aim is too high, too low, left or right.

You'll probably find that your gun's shooting high at stationary targets. As Dave says, most shotguns do. I had this problem 20 years ago when I took a shot at a hare sitting bolt upright, looking at me from about 35 yards away. The hare ran off without a pellet anywhere near him. I was so surprised I'd missed that I forgot to fire the second barrel. My mate laughed and laughed. I always aim at their feet nowadays and don't have a problem.