Upgrading a Logun Lamp...

Norrie

Hiya, I have a little Logun Lamp, its a 6 volt with a 10watt bulb...fine for what it is...but, I was wondering if its poss to upgrade it to a 20 or 50 watt 12v bulb with a 12 volt battery...and perhaps even a dimmer switch...

Maplins do Red 12v 20 and 50w MR11 Dichroic bulbs,( save on filters) and a 12 volt battery is no bother either...it would all cost very little to do, but not sure if its poss...

Any help, greatfully received..

Thanks in advance guys..:stupid:

I tried this on mine with a 20watt bulb. It got very hot, and I couldn't get a bulb with the same angle. The standard ones available have a wide angle beam, that is no good for your lamp. You need a more focused beam.

I did find a supplier who said they would be getting some 35 watt, 8 deg. bulbs soon. I never went back to see, as the heat generated was too much.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya, Thanks for the replies...well, I got a red 20w bulb and a loan of a 12v battery..., and it does the job, tho, not as well as I expected...so, going to keep it as is for now.. :lol:

I was in at Glasgow Field Sports on Sunday, and had a good look at the bigger lamps....and I'm now dropping lots of hints, as its my birthday next month...:lol: