.22 hornet vs .17hmr

ads03ads

MC thanks for explaining the open sights, I had visions of you tagging targets at 1000 yards with a set of BSA Meteor sights :good: What you explain does seem to have a bit more finesse. Still pretty impressive though, how do you get into long range shooting, the longest range I've found locally has only got 100 yard facilities.

Cheers

Ads

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes running man I'm a member of my local range, but to be honest I usually only use it to zero the rimfires. They do occasionally do a trip to Bisley but I wouldn't have said they go often enough to actually master longe range shooting more of a "Jolly Boys Outing".

Ads

Ummmm I see ure predicament! Well if want to get into longe range stuff u need to start reading up on it,there's no substitute for one to one tuition though.if u can't get into another club nearby then join the nra they can help,theirs courses galore,where are u to in west sussex? Ile ask a few people wat clubs uve got down there.

I have shot smallbore rifle indoors at 15 yards for the last 10 years or so, I started to shoot outdoors at 50M and 100 yards and then the fullbore bug bit. I joined a club at Bisley (Bullet Lodge) and the NRA and went from there. I bought a 7.62 rifle and got on with it.

It does run in the blood as my Dad shot for Essex and England back in the late 60's and 70's and it was something I always wanted to do. I am not on the GB squad although I have shot for Essex on occasions.

The best way to get into it is join a club, although the NRA do run open days (one in may and one in september). My club does have a guest day as well where members can bring guests along.

Ads u must know steve crabtree (portsmouth gun center) hell be able to point u in the right direction,failing that mc is spot on,ask ure peers about other clubs that do long range.ure not that far from bisley either,full boire is a rush and ule get the bug as soon as u start shooting it.ile pm u when I find out a little more.p.4. Go to the phoenix meeting ule love it,watching the mcqueens and other stuff.

Speak soon.