Advice please!!!!!

leonp9lbw

Hi,

I have only been shooting for a couple of months and also fairly new to this forum. I am after a bit of advice , I have recently aquired permission to shoot approx a 1000 acres of newly planted corn, wheat , maze and peas. The question I have is I am not quite sure how many decoys I should be putting out or in what pattern and when I do use a magnet where abouts in the pattern do I put it ? I know this sounds a bit thick but like I said Iam new to Pigeon shooting.

Thanks in advance Leon :hmm:

Hi,

I have only been shooting for a couple of months and also fairly new to this forum. I am after a bit of advice , I have recently aquired permission to shoot approx a 1000 acres of newly planted corn, wheat , maze and peas. The question I have is I am not quite sure how many decoys I should be putting out or in what pattern and when I do use a magnet where abouts in the pattern do I put it ? I know this sounds a bit thick but like I said Iam new to Pigeon shooting.

Thanks in advance Leon :ermm:

Maybe you could ask a fellow shooter ( in your area) to come out one day and show you the ropes or decoys even :hmm:

Im too far away or I would have offered or even invited you to Somerwet to see whats what

Les :)

hello mate. try this,

always do your reconisance. find out the flight lines (invisible roads for pigeons) and where the pigeons favorite field's are. they do have preferences. try to set up next to the flight line and shooting away from it to minimise noise disterbance to the flight line. it should be a windy day if u can also to muffle the sound of you musket. pick your hide area well- i try to set up near or under a tree for extra cover with the closest possible match to the colour of my net. i use a horse shoe shape pattern of pigeon deek's with the curve of the shoe facing the wind! pigeons land into the wind and so the open part of your shoe will be your killing zone or the front because some pigeons prefer to feed at the front because the grub is better. i wil walk out 35-40 yards (big steps) and start my pattern there. if u prefer it closer go for it.

keep all movement to a minimal, especially when a pigeon is set to come in. if u have to clear up dead pigeon do it quick and not to often because u will sever the flight line you are sat on if u are in and out of the hide all the time. u will have to clear pigeons that are lying on there backs because other pigeons will know somethin is wrong! remember it is there lives they are defending if somethin is out of place they will not land!

anythin i've missed u wanna know mate?

remember we are all different- and in some way's better than others. the best way to learn is to get out there and practise your feildcraft!

Maybe you could ask a fellow shooter ( in your area) to come out one day and show you the ropes or decoys even :good:

Im too far away or I would have offered or even invited you to Somerwet to see whats what

Les :hmm:

:angry:

A picture paints a thousand words :hmm: