Removing a scratch from glass

Bagsy

I want to remove a small scratch from a glass surface. There's plenty of info on google but I'm finding it difficult to find any evidence of success.

The way forward seems to be the a polishing bit, a Dremel, some cerium oxide and lots of elbow grease.

Have any of you fine fellows had any success with this or other methods?

I want to remove a small scratch from a glass surface. There's plenty of info on google but I'm finding it difficult to find any evidence of success.

The way forward seems to be the a polishing bit, a Dremel, some cerium oxide and lots of elbow grease.

Have any of you fine fellows had any success with this or other methods?

I've done it on a glass shower screen using a cutting paste, dremel, loads of water and even more elbow grease. It does work but it's HARD going. :good:

indeed i think it was 'jewellers rouge' we used :lol:

It comes as a white powder and is mixed into a paste, then put on the scratch and 'dremelled' to within an inch of it's life!! Be careful to keep the area cool and don't concentrate on one area for to long, move the dremel up and down the scratch or you could end up with a depression in the glass. Not that i did that of course... :good:

I had to pollsih out some etching that happened to our glass oven door due to Mr Muscle oven cleaner.

I used bicarbonate of soda with water to make a fine paste, and a combination of finger action and a dremmel type divice.