Ruger 10/22 Muzzle Breaks

mrthumb

Hi everyone, Im selling these muzzle brake/thread protectors for the ruger 10/22

£26 each including postage.

Made from Aluminium, about 20 grams each.

One being made

1022j.jpg

I accept paypal or cheque or cash (recorded delivery only)

Send me a PM if your interested. thanks guys!

Material trivia...

Aluminium alloy 6082 is a medium strength alloy with excellent corrosion resistance. It has the highest strength of the 6000 series alloys. Alloy 6082 is known as a structural alloy. In plate form, Aluminium alloy 6082 is the alloy most commonly used for machining. As a relatively new alloy, the higher strength of Aluminium alloy 6082 has seen it replace 6061 in many applications. The addition of a large amount of manganese controls the grain structure which in turn results in a stronger alloy.

6082’s properties means it is typically used in…

·High stress applications

·Trusses

·Bridges

·Cranes

·Transport applications

·Ore skips

·Beer barrels

·Milk churns

PS if you want one designed for your specific gun let me know.

Edited by mrthumb

of course, if you can provide me with a drawing of the end of the barrel, dimentions of the barrel at the muzzle end, so i know what taper to put on it. distance comming off the barrel etc and ill make one up for you mate.

One being made

So good you knurled it twice! :good:

Nice video, I'll have to watch more of yours.

haha yea, the double knurl was a mistake..

you see the knurling tool i have is a unpredictable beast and sometimes it just produced a **** knurl. plus i was still over on the diameter to fit in the jig so everything turned out fine.

id finally like to add my final design for these muzzle breaks.

iv realised from talking to people is that all they want is a dirty great muzzle break for their rifle.

so iv come up with this.

this ones £29 including P&P and has 18 holes instead of 6 and is longer. 5cm in all.

let me know what you guys think!

cimg0344.jpg

Edited by mrthumb

Cool, I also liked your use of a standard Hex bolt to act as a dividing tool. :good:

Knurling can be a right pain. Some folk go to extreme lengths to match the tool to the diameter of the work piece so they don't run over the diamond pattern but it strikes me you could drive yourself potty trying to avoid that.

thanks buddy, i really enjoying making rifle parts. i love modding them and tuning them. its something id like as a full time job. but theres no such armours course here in the uk and the nearest place i tried, a balistic center in devizes didnt need anyone. so if anyone has a job for me let me know!

There is a gun shop in an old arch somewhere near you. I vaguely know someone who works there. I think it even has a small indoor range.

Perhaps if you made a handful of items you could see if they would carry them for you.

There is a gun shop in an old arch somewhere near you. I vaguely know someone who works there. I think it even has a small indoor range.

Perhaps if you made a handful of items you could see if they would carry them for you.

yea thats right, its the devizes balistic centre.

they have a shop and 2 ranges upstairs and downstairs