E Rizzini 12g Chokes

Joe90

Hi Guys

Im after some chokes for an E Rizzini 12g O/U like in the picture attached. These are marked as Full and Improved

So what you got?

All the best

Joe

post-20027-1274732496.jpg

Edited by Joe90

i bought some of guntrader the blokes name is alan i think he sold me two and key in box for 27.50 posted

Thanks Damage

Had a look on gun trader but nothing going.

Still wanted thanks

Joe

Edited by Joe90

Looks like you have a pre- 1971 gun, and these chokes will be hard to find unless some-one is breaking an old gun for parts. Current post '71 Rizzini chokes are flush.

If the one marked Imp is Imp Mod = 3/4, you have two tight chokes. If these are not suitable for your shooting, consider having them let out to, say, 1/4 and 1/2, for general purpose use. Any gun smith should be able to do it.

Hi Joe

We spoke last night about these, because of the early year of your gun you are going to struggle

http://www.choketube.com/CarlsonsInterchange.pdf

No cross over chokes listed.

Would be tempted to go for having a choke reamed out probably . ImP could be Imp midified ( 3/4) or Imp cylinder which is (1/4), get it checked before you spec the work. Two chokes at 3/4 and 1/2 or 1/4 and 1/2 or 3/4 would do most things

J

Are you sure the gun is that old? I have a Rizzini which uses the same chokes and didn't think it was that old.

How do I date my gun? I was told when I bought it that it will be difficult to find replacement chokes.

Hiya, Me too, I have one as well, and dont think its that old....my gun came with 6 chokes...two on it, and 4 and the key in a wallet..which are as follows....two of them have IC and 4 upside down Y's stamped on it...one has M and 3 upside down Y's...the other has Full, and one upside down Y.....any idea what that all means?? :hmm:

Hiya, Me too, I have one as well, and dont think its that old....my gun came with 6 chokes...two on it, and 4 and the key in a wallet..which are as follows....two of them have IC and 4 upside down Y's stamped on it...one has M and 3 upside down Y's...the other has Full, and one upside down Y.....any idea what that all means?? :hmm:

IC is improved cylinder, which is like a quarter choke, and M is half choke.

I assumed the Y's were just another way of classifying them, like the notches on Browning chokes. :rolleyes:

Edited by George1990

Thanks for the info guys

Have e-mail Teague chokes to see what they say....

in the mean time would be greatful for any leads.

BTW Norrie mine are stamped with the upside down Y's - not sure what they mean.

Thanks

Joe