Access to videos and pictures

Vipa

In light of recent events can I suggest to the Mods that access to certain sections of the board be restricted.

I am refering to videos such as "exploding rabbit' and .50BMG deer hunting. Wilst I have no issue with these videos and in the case of 'exploding rabbit' it was designed to show the power of a specific calibre rather than just be gratuitous. I am concerned though that if non-shooters and the media are lurking in the shadows, videos such as these could, if used, show us in a very, very sad light indeed.

With that in mind, could we have a system as seen on some other boards I am a member of where members need to request access to certain areas. Once they have it, they don't need to keep re-requesting it but it means that transient traffic and general moochers of the site won't be able to see it.

I know a system like this is (or was) used on Airgun Universe in relation to photos of 'kills' and it is also used on a music site where I am a member to restrict the section that tends to have a more 'adult' theme.

Just a thought

Paul :good:

In light of recent events can I suggest to the Mods that access to certain sections of the board be restricted.

I am refering to videos such as "exploding rabbit' and .50BMG deer hunting. Wilst I have no issue with these videos and in the case of 'exploding rabbit' it was designed to show the power of a specific calibre rather than just be gratuitous. I am concerned though that if non-shooters and the media are lurking in the shadows, videos such as these could, if used, show us in a very, very sad light indeed.

With that in mind, could we have a system as seen on some other boards I am a member of where members need to request access to certain areas. Once they have it, they don't need to keep re-requesting it but it means that transient traffic and general moochers of the site won't be able to see it.

I know a system like this is (or was) used on Airgun Universe in relation to photos of 'kills' and it is also used on a music site where I am a member to restrict the section that tends to have a more 'adult' theme.

Just a thought

Paul :good:

Most people see us in a bad light any way Vipa, with out any help from recent events unfolding. Though i appreciate your concern and see your point. I still dont think the Media are going to paw through web sites searching for shooting forums with graphic videos of expoding animals. Any self respecting Journo would know they only had to look on YOU TUBE for enough dirt on such videos, to write about us for years in a bad way. And to be honest, most videos presented on this forum are from members embeding them from YOU TUBE any way.

Most people see us in a bad light any way Vipa, with out any help from recent events unfolding. Though i appreciate your concern and see your point. I still dont think the Media are going to paw through web sites searching for shooting forums with graphic videos of expoding animals. Any self respecting Journo would know they only had to look on YOU TUBE for enough dirt on such videos, to write about us for years in a bad way. And to be honest, most videos presented on this forum are from members embeding them from YOU TUBE any way.

Good point! :good: