Car Parking

Moors Man

Hi Everyone

probably a very silly question but how far away do people park their cars. One field where I shoot I can drive into without and problem for unloading and loading up afterwards. So I would like some advise on how far to move the car so not to put birds off. In case it matters the car is a dark green Discovery.

Cheers

<_<

Edited by Moors Man

It really depends on the field,

You can use the car to your advantage by putting it at one end of a big field to hopefully move the birds closer to you. I quite often drive the car back near the road or lane where the birds used to seeing cars. As with any outing one day you could park your car in the decoy pattern and it would not make a differance, the next 500 yards might be to close.

Just like rimfire says - somedays it doesn't matter, other days it is crucial to hide it.

One thing to remember if you are using it to keep birds off the other half of a field is not to spoil your flightline in to your decoys. It happened to me last year - i thought the birds were coming straight into to where i had set up, so i parked in the bottom of the next field.... only to find out that was the way the birds flew before turning and landing....I wasted half a day before i realised! I moved the car to the back of me and had some good shooting