A big thanks to Steve B

Alpha Mule

Well done Steve. This is exactly what I like about us shooters generally, someone has a problem and there are always people willing to help.

I was in a simlar situation 12/18 months ago when I was appling for my first FAC and didnt know what calibre to go for ! Fortunatly shropshire lad (paul) came to my rescue and took me out with both HMR and .22lr. I applied for and got both but started out with a 17hmr and soon after picked up my .22lr ! Am very happy with both and wouldnt be without either unless I needed a dedicated foxing tool !

So as I received a favour I now feel it only right to do my bit and help anyone I can in the same way. So if anyone local to me wanted to see / test both 17hmr and .22lr then I would happily take them out and let them form there own opinion having seen both calibres working ! :hmm:

all comes down to horses for courses, good work helping out steve, and alpha mule im glad you picked the rifle that suited you, not what suits everyone else! :lol::P

i bought my hmr as the place i was shooting last year was mostly 80yd+ shots - thats not down to lack of field craft (i can leopard crawl with the best of them :good:) it was down to the lie of the land. but this year ive got new places to clear out, and the ranges are a good bit shorter (40yd+), so ive been taking the 22lr out more than the hmr - typical! :lol: