Dog kennels

Boromir

I am shortly moving house and as I now have gonna have my own garden I want to kennel my two Labs, so been looking on the bay and some websites for kennels found a few that I like, but has anyone got any good sites that I can buy one for under £500?

thanks

Is there a suitable base at your new place? Don't underestimate the cost and effort of work in the ground.

Buying sections, roofing them in and putting timber boxes in is probably your cheapest option, but try Timberbuild, Canine Kennels and Mitton Hall.

Ok I could raise that to up to £1000 if needed. Have you got plans to build an your own kennels?

thanks

Garden shed+run panels = Kennel. :good:

4483899466_7a83dd0e62.jpg

Just depends on how posh you want. I went oversize on the shed to use some of the internal space and added drains, roof over the run.

I can put a concrete base in myself as I am skilled in that. Moz where did you get those panels?

thanks

Mine are from Canine Kennels. You may get cheaper locally. I worked out better for me due to getting the roof and also some extra panels. The are quite a few others that supply.

canine kennels are no more. they have stopped making the galv bar sections. i had the last two bits they had today. they told me there is to little money in the galvanized so they have folded that part but still making the GRP ones for police force.

i am in the middle of building a 10x5. 7' run and 3' double box. the base cost me £70 but i mixed it myself by hand. timber so far is £200 but i need to buy ply, insulation and roofing. the bar section were £130 delivered

all in i think it will cost me £500 but thats with all the lights, heaters and fixings (bolts,nails and cemfixes)

I looked for 2 weeks but couldn't find what i wanted. i almost bought the CHAPPELL BAR from timberbuilddogkennels.co.uk but i had a quote and i ran a mile at the price.

Phil

MOZ

Do you think the chickens are any assistance in the dog training as i was thinking the same but decided to get a couple of bunnies for the kids at present and have them sited next to the kennel area.?

At present i am at the start of building some day kennels myself, for the 2 x springers and the Lab pup which arrives shortly.

Just been demolishing the fishpond over the last 2 weeks and I am now at the stage where all the rubbish is up the tip and the ground is ready for slabbing, should be getting this completed next week.

I already have the Galv panels 5 sections in total and two panels have gates.

Plan of action is to create a run 15ft long by about 5ft wide and i will seperate it into two at some point but not sure where at present.

I will then attach roofing panels to it to keep them dry but to be honest i have them in the kitchen at night.

So still a bit of work to complete but getting there, have done about 10 trips up the tip so far, which was hard work

MOZ

Do you think the chickens are any assistance in the dog training as i was thinking the same but decided to get a couple of bunnies for the kids at present and have them sited next to the kennel area.?

Can't say for sure, the lab isn't bothered with the chicks in the slightest but has still retreived running shot pheasants.

The spanner has issues with one of the chicks, but she normally starts it. It's a personallity thing :good: Spanner just carries on doing spanner things :look:

I'd still prefer hens eggs to bunny eggs though :hmm:

i made my kennel and run not very good but it is safe warm and shaded. i am a labourer for a fabricating company and we get very large pallets in so i built the kennel around the base of a large pallet roughly 2 meters be 2 meters with a single slanted roof and roughly 3 and half meter high with felt resin glued to the roof.

the run is 8 meters long and 5 meters wide and i made a long in 1 mesh panel with 30mm be 30mm mesh made from 5mm thick wire and 10mm mild steel bar that is 15 meters long and i bent it to a 90 degree angle so that i ended up with me 8 meters and left me with my 5 and did the same for the bottom and welded the mesh to the bar and primed it. then flagged the base of the kennel. mine took longer as with work and stuff going on but i am trying to re-design it to improve to rebuild just struggling with a design. that what i did any way for a temporary basis. best of look.