pigeon shooting

bigball

hi all,

iv just started pigeon shooting and need some advice from experienced shooters.

just recently i have been given permission to shoot on peas, there is no cover it is all open land.

i was just wondering if someone could tell me the best way of setting up a hide, or would this scare the pigeons away???

iv lots more questions to come lol

hi all,

iv just started pigeon shooting and need some advice from experienced shooters.

just recently i have been given permission to shoot on peas, there is no cover it is all open land.

i was just wondering if someone could tell me the best way of setting up a hide, or would this scare the pigeons away???

iv lots more questions to come lol

When i set up out in the open i just put up a box shaped hide some times with a semi roof and use some grass or what ever is at hand to blend in it a bit more , always pays to put the hide up a few days before if poss :yes:

When i set up out in the open i just put up a box shaped hide some times with a semi roof and use some grass or what ever is at hand to blend in it a bit more , always pays to put the hide up a few days before if poss :yes:

thanks loads ill give it a try fingers crossed :)

Some people have a problem with putting a hide out in the open because they think pigeons will see it and take notice of it, as if it were something to be afraid of. I've used basic net hides in the middle of fields and pigeons often pass right over my head or beside me. Remember, pigeons don't know what a hide is and don't look for one when entering a field.

As protom said, try blending it in if you like,but in my experience it's not really necessary.

Some people have a problem with putting a hide out in the open because they think pigeons will see it and take notice of it, as if it were something to be afraid of. I've used basic net hides in the middle of fields and pigeons often pass right over my head or beside me. Remember, pigeons don't know what a hide is and don't look for one when entering a field.

As protom said, try blending it in if you like,but in my experience it's not really necessary.

thanks for answering my question feel alot more confidentabout setting a hide up in the open :blink:

The thing I would say about putting a net hide up in the middle of a field is that many camo nets aren't opaque when there is light behind. Try setting up a hide away from a hedge and look at it from where yourdeeks are and also from where the flight line is. If you can see through it, they can!

Better to build a natural hide out of foliage or bales where possible..