browning B525 premium gold

cal 7888

hi guys, thinking of getting one of these new, have any of you had any experience with one?

thanks callum

When choosing my 1st shot gun I tried both the 525 and the beretta 682e.

For me i went for the Beretta has I found it handled and balance was better.

Try a before you buy

When choosing my 1st shot gun I tried both the 525 and the beretta 682e.

For me i went for the Beretta has I found it handled and balance was better.

Try a before you buy

Tried a 686 and 525 today fired 20-30 carts through both walked away with the 525, 686 looked better 525 shot better for me...

Got one about 5 months ago, really pleased with it - shoots where you point it, looks good :lol: . A little nose-heavy, but I prefer that. Yes the grip is a little thicker than the Beretta, but I prefer the angle of the Browning pistol grip and I don't have small hands, so the grip feels right for me. The 2.5 wood and the black decor is a nice touch as well.

One little niggle though. They come with the Browning invector X2 extended chokes(great chokes, pattern beautifully) as standard, and the notches in the tip of the choke where the key locates are like razors, I have had to re-line the end of my gunslip because it has cut the nose lining to ribbons ??? . Solution - open the gunslip fully and place the gun inside (But it will still chafe the lining a bit if you carry the gun 'barrel down') or buy a couple of Teagues, simples!

Overall, great gun if you like the 525 series and as cheap for a cash price as a Grade 1 basic 525 + a set of extended chokes, no contest really. :hmm:

Edited by Bloke

Got one about 5 months ago, really pleased with it - shoots where you point it, looks good :lol: . A little nose-heavy, but I prefer that. Yes the grip is a little thicker than the Beretta, but I prefer the angle of the Browning pistol grip and I don't have small hands, so the grip feels right for me. The 2.5 wood and the black decor is a nice touch as well.

One little niggle though. They come with the Browning invector X2 extended chokes(great chokes, pattern beautifully) as standard, and the notches in the tip of the choke where the key locates are like razors, I have had to re-line the end of my gunslip because it has cut the nose lining to ribbons ??? . Solution - open the gunslip fully and place the gun inside (But it will still chafe the lining a bit if you carry the gun 'barrel down') or buy a couple of Teagues, simples!

Overall, great gun if you like the 525 series and as cheap for a cash price as a Grade 1 basic 525 + a set of extended chokes, no contest really. :hmm:

had my 525 from new !!! never regretted it after the first time out with it ! :lol: nice and flat shooting gun, had 10000 carts through now, and still has a new tight feel to it still.... cracking bit of kit .... berettas do look pretty though :lol: ........... pity about the b&q 5x2 lump of rough cut wood thats used for a stock on mine ! mega fugly ! my old super10 and my cz's have better wood on them and they were rough field only guns... get good wood otherwise you will regret it like me :lol:

Edited by onlyme

Best gun i have ever shot.With 30 barrels mine feels so balanced and i hit way more than with the Beretta.Love the look of the action and the only prob i have is with one of the firing pins.If i dont use a snap cap when not in use it can fail to provide a strick that fires the cartridge and have never bothered to get it seen to.No worries with them at all from me.