Discovery 3 owners with time to waste

gixer1

Was looking around for a cover for the lower tailgate due to being sick of the dogs covering it in mud,hair ect and couldn't find anything on the net (there are hatchbags but they are about £170 by the time you add the tailgate and back of the seat cover to your boot liner so i decided to do a bit of DIY.... :blink:

Bout a 2m square piece of the PVC type material from a place called Montrose rope and sail (on the net) for £20 (it's used for kit bags and boat bags and a roll of heavy duty double sided stickback velcro from B&Q for £18 and set about these with scissors....

cut the PVC to shape and stuck on the velco tape on the plastic surround on the top of the tailgate and left about 2 1/2" flap into the boot, the 3 row of seats can then be folded up and if you look inside the gap they fill there is a nice plastic trim the width of the boot to mount the velcro tape and PVC onto and then the seats can be folded flat to keep it all smooth...

Quite pleased with the result so far...just got to make the seat back cover and maybe some side cover panels.... I was then going to buy the britpart rigid loadspace liner with 6" sides which should make the boot wet muddy labrador proof...

The tailgate cover has been exhaustively tested tonight by my labs jumping in and out...and it looks better so far that the hatchbag I bought for my estate car boot! and i've still got enough left over to make all the parts and a PVC cat suit.. :good:

post-10812-1278453397.jpg

post-10812-1278453411.jpg

post-10812-1278453424.jpg

post-10812-1278453443.jpg

post-10812-1278453461.jpg

Edited by gixer1

I carry a green bath towel in the back which I use to cover the tailgate before the dog jumps in then, If the dog is wet, I can use the towel to give it a rub down as well :good:

With 3 labs and a trip down to the beach/river I would need 3 big towels and they would all be covered in %*!T

Very nice shed gixer :good:

What's the bike?

my baby A K7 GSXR 1000 with a few bits and bobs,don't get out on it much due to kids, house job etc but I hope to get back into it next year and back over to the IOM TT, it was for sale a week or so ago in a moment of madness but I've seen the light!

have been trying to get my garage the way I like it for a year or so (been in the house just over that) but i'm not even close yet! need to fit an accumulator tank and hard pipe an air feed, and sort out some plumbing...

no rest for the wicked!