pigeon with .22

flash

up until resently i had only ever used a sub 12ft.lb air rifle for woodys and i had no problems with kills. having a FAC airrifle does increase the range and does flatten of the curve.

as far as i'm aware the pellet arc's upward, as this is what the barrel is engineered to do. hence if zeroed at a further distance than target aim low, further away then higher. try some target practise at diffrent rangers to find you guns charictoristics.( spelt wrong i know)

once you know this jot it down in a little not book or on the inside lid of your pellets. this helps particular if you use diffrent pellets in diffrent situations.

and yes in sounds like a butt shot

once you know this jot it down in a little not book or on the inside lid of your pellets. this helps particular if you use diffrent pellets in diffrent situations.

Or even better is to get a small printout of the P.O.Is and laminate it and then put it on the inside of the flip up covers of your scope, if you have got them.

(Thanks Brian!)

up until resently i had only ever used a sub 12ft.lb air rifle for woodys and i had no problems with kills. having a FAC airrifle does increase the range and does flatten of the curve.

Hi,

Yes, you will have both increased range and a rather flat pellet trajectory if you like.

But you will also have a choice that say you can make heart/lung shots on for example woodies with FAC airrifles. Plus FAC rifles also normally mean that you have higher kill power behind a shot simply because you can make pellets expand more upon impact and rip more vital tissue over in a quarry than you will ever be able to do with sub 12 ft/lbs airguns. This fact is very often overlooked then people are talking FAC airguns !

Cheers - Bolta

The trajectory of a pellet from my .177 S400 PCP rifle is as follows (zeroed at 25m):

5m=Aim 3cm high

10m=Aim dead on (secondary zero)

15m=Aim 1cm low

20m=Aim 1/2cm low

25m=Aim dead on (primary zero)

As you can see as the pellet exits the barrel it immediately drops (so you must aim high between 5m and 10m. Between 5m and 10m the pellet is starting to rise and at 10m (secondary zero) it passes through your zero line. It continues to rise until approximately 15m the then drops back down through the zero line at 25m (primary zero.)

The best way to understand this is to set targets out at a range of distances and plink away.

Cheers

SS