WANTED

bindi

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks, but £17:50 is a bit pricey. I sold a couple of new ones on here for about £8 each, but that was before i needed another one (and anyhow these would have been too big).

Dazza has already helped me out here, but its still not perfect as the beretta stock i have is the older style whilst isn't flat at the butt. The older field stocks have a slightly curved buttplate, and a slightly smaller one too. This one is 40mm wide at the widest point and 125mm top to bottom. The new ones are 45mm wide and 130mm top/bottom.

I have shaped the one dazza gave me (good man) and it looks ok, but if anyone has one of the older ones (40mm wide and 125mm top/bottom) then i would still be interested, so that it looks really good.

I contacted GMK and they don't stock these any longer.

I'm not too fussy whether wood, bakellite or rubber if anyone has one,

cheers

Mark

Edited by bindi

Thanks but unfortunately this probably won't fit, as i have a 686e too and have tried one. Its just a touch too large and the 686e stock is straight cut as opposed to the curved one on the older 20g 686s.

I know I could cut it down flat, but i am reluctant to do this as I will probably be selling it in a couple of months and want to keep it original.

I have attached a pic here to demonstrate what I mean, with masking tape used to show profiles.

Top is 20g 686s (old version with curved stock end)

Bottom is 12g 686e (now with custom made ebony butt plate)

post-7-1137410122.jpg

Edited by bindi

Update,

Those nice people at Ray Ward Gunsmiths :lol: have posted me out a s/h wooden butt plate (just £10). I wasn't sure whether this would arrive today, but the parcel van has just been. Its a bit too large but has the curved profile so i am now off to do a bit of woodwork to resize. I'll post a pic of the finished article (all being well) this afternoon.

A BIG THANK YOU (especially dazza :o ) who have helped me out here. I'll post some pics later,

regards

Mark

Edited by bindi

Well guys, a bit of filing and rubbing down and here it is fitted, with just one coat of rapid-oil on to seal it.

All thats needed now is to re-oil the stock to blend the colours and grain.

post-7-1137417892.jpg

Edited by bindi