CNC Mill

reddan

To my utter disgust it has been my recent experience that very many mechanical engineering companies operate without ANY qualified engineers on the books at all!

They muddle through until they break things so badly that business stops then use contractors to clear up the mess.

I also believe there is a huge difference between an Engineer and a Technician. The word 'Engineer' is misused a lot and devalues the value of true engineers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HERE HERE .we have got sanitary enginers (cleners) that come to whre i work is that devaluing the word enginer enough. :angry:there is investment in minimal traning and investment in skills. but moor the pitty that moden employers only do the minimal.

c.a.d. :lol: reliys on having a skilled draughtsman and then a skilled enginer to put it right. as we all know draughtsman never get it wrong. :lol::lol:

Edited by fruitloop

HERE HERE .we have got sanitary enginers (cleners) that come to whre i work is that devaluing the word enginer enough. :angry:there is investment in minimal traning and investment in skills. but moor the pitty that moden employers only do the minimal.

c.a.d. :lol: reliys on having a skilled draughtsman and then a skilled enginer to put it right. as we all know draughtsman never get it wrong. :lol::lol:

:rolleyes: of course the don't! :lol:

Same as I know an architect and apparently civil engineers are his bitches! :rolleyes:

I don't think so! Although we don't like civils :P

hou could make us some aliminumm purse net needles for me???

what like this?

140.jpg

yep think i could hav a bash at some of them (when it warms up a little) what sort of dimentions are we talking l x w x d length of the middle section and length of the indent in the end.

Dan

looks good but from their website expensive, do you use this on a hobbie machine?

dan

speak with them and tell them your requirements ...you wont need the full package if you are just milling ....takes a day or so to get used too but a good milling package ....if its mach you use then thats all you would need for the code writing, i think they do mach writing packages for the hobbyist.

I built my own cnc from a warco mill but moved on ....was getting more and more ambitious and fussy .....i bought an old bridgeport interact from a college and rebuilt it in single phase with geckos and mach, used the original motors but changed the encoders ......very accurate machine

regards

Ian

• 2 weeks later...