Another update.......

Well, I've had daisy for at least 6 months now and we've come a long way.

All's pretty much as it was, she does as she's told most of the time - unless she's really excited or spotted something more interesting.

She'll drop to a whistle, is good with multiple retrieves including blinds, will wait to be sent for a retrieve, walk to heal (work in progress) and wait after a shot (work in progress).

We've got a great relationship and it's easy to see she absolutely adores me :yes:

Slight misshap this morning though and she's ended up with a fairly deep cut on her paw but I'm sure she'll be o.k. If there were a dog olympics she'd be in it, she couldn't be fitter! :good:

Fieldwanderer, I'm so pleased it's all falling into place for you and daisy, and well done for giving her the chance. I still have 100% faith in both you and Daisy and you will have a perfectly rounded dog.

Well done mate keep up the updates.

Turk

Wondered where you'd got to turk101!

All's going well though any advice on getting Daisy to do as she's told no matter what else she can see or how excited she is would be much appreciated. Daisy's birthday's march so that makes her 17 months I think.

Slightly unorthodox though it is, Daisy's ended up doing a little "on the job" training. In the early stages, she was terrified whenever I had a gun in my hand (no idea why) And I was having real trouble getting her to accept it, an afternoon shooting solved it though as she learnt that it's a fun thing! She now wont let me go alone :good: Luckily though, I've been able to teach her as we're walking around and she'll now walk at my side or just in front or behind me and if I fire a shot she'll nearly always wait to be sent to retrieve it.

Pulling on the lead's still an issue when she's excited but she seems to be getting better (very slowly). I've thouroghly enjoyed training her and now have a new best friend and reliable shooting buddy. I'm really looking forward to when the corn and rape are cut and we can get stuck into some serious decoying. According to the book I'm following, we're just past the half way mark so plenty to do yet but I think we both deserve a pat on the back :good: