does anyone know

ninjaspath

Guest Right'n Left

Hello Mate,

I'd join NOBS (National Organisation of Beaters and Pickers Up). They have a website and regional officers who will/should be able to find you a shoot near you.

Good luck and if you get the chance work hard and show your keen and you never know where it could lead.

Harry

Hello Mate,

I'd join NOBS (National Organisation of Beaters and Pickers Up). They have a website and regional officers who will/should be able to find you a shoot near you.

Good luck and if you get the chance work hard and show your keen and you never know where it could lead.

Harry

NOBS charge £5 per annum, try www.pubs.myfunforum.org - its all free and the owner of that site is near you in the Cotswolds and beats or picks up on several local shoots and has many contacts in the area.

cheers i will try that i have been to the shoot with nick his food is lush nice shoot as well but it is just getting over there

Jordi,

Nick knows lots of other shoots in the area so if you go to the pubs forum following that link and make a post, Nick should be able to tell you about otehr shoots in your area.

I waouldn't bother with NOBS, you have to pay and so far, they've never come back to me with anything, ignore emails etc etc. Nick's site is probably best. Or ask other users on here. There's plenty of shoots round your way and I'm sure they would be pleased for the offer. Don't over commit though, don't forget you'll be on Steve's shoot every other Saturday!

cheers i will try that i have been to the shoot with nick his food is lush nice shoot as well but it is just getting over there

Jordi, Just found this on pubds forum

Come on all you prospective beaters in Gloucestershire!

Cirencester, Glos ..... must be LOADS of you wanting to get into beating.

Mind you, I can understand the reluctance....Nick bulldozing brambles cannot be a good image! I'm told that he lies down, with one beater at either end, and they just roll him!!

Come on guys.......get beating and meet 'the Nick'!!

They're desperate for beaters (I know you dont have a dog, but still worth asking Nick). Here's the link

http://pubs.myfunforum.org/small_friendly_..._about1430.html