Winchester Select Platinum

fortune82

Im in the market for a O/U 12 bore around about the £1000 mark. A local shop has a Miroku MK70 Gr1 30 inch which fits the bill if a bit plain. It also has a Winchester Select Platinum 28 inch. The winchester certainly looks much nicer and fits well.

Does anyone have a winchester select?

Is it reliable? What about build quality?

Thanks

When i was looking i was told to avoid the Winnie select and MEdalist and stick to Miroku/Browning/Beretta a nice 525 a few years old or MK38 is your for under £1000. I was only looking to spend £500 and was looking at Lanber/Bettinsoli/Medalists, the select was another option and i was told by someone I trust on these matters to avoid it on the same basis of the others (manufactured by a 3rd party at lower price point and quality to the mainline units)

Just what i was told, agree it looks lovely as bettinsolis (always drawn to them on dealers racks....)

Or a gunsmith told me "you'll never fire enough cartridges in your life time to wear out a Browning/Miroku" same can't be said for the mainly italien made budgets ranges as the Japaneese made guns....the Belgians are then a step up again..... mmmm B25!

Im in the market for a O/U 12 bore around about the £1000 mark. A local shop has a Miroku MK70 Gr1 30 inch which fits the bill if a bit plain. It also has a Winchester Select Platinum 28 inch. The winchester certainly looks much nicer and fits well.

Does anyone have a winchester select?

Is it reliable? What about build quality?

Thanks

Shortstock on here is selling a Miroku MK 70 almost new for less than £1000, and lives in the Scun thorpe area not too far from you. PM me and I will give you his contact details, you will have to be quick though because he is talking about trading it in in the next 2/52.

Edited by Bloke

Shortstock on here is selling a Miroku MK 70 almost new for less than £1000, and lives in the Scun thorpe area not too far from you. PM me and I will give you his contact details, you will have to be quick though because he is talking about trading it in in the next 2/52.

Thanks for the offer but I have a trade in I am going to chop in as well!