CB Radio

oakland rob

Wrong forum i know but has anyone got an old AM/FM/USB/LSB CB Radio knocking about they want to sell, getting fed up with being outbid and messed about on fleabay, thought i would ask on here just in case, must be in fairly good cond and working.

Get up in your loft and have a rummage, there must be some middle aged chappies on here who used to have dabble on the airwaves in the 80's.

Thanks a lot.

Wrong forum i know but has anyone got an old AM/FM/USB/LSB CB Radio knocking about they want to sell, getting fed up with being outbid and messed about on fleabay, thought i would ask on here just in case, must be in fairly good cond and working.

Get up in your loft and have a rummage, there must be some middle aged chappies on here who used to have dabble on the airwaves in the 80's.

Thanks a lot.

PM sent I have found the box and arial the radio can`t be far away

post-11343-1281710943.jpg

Thanks a lot.

a bit of official bumph :-

A very versatile piece of equipment which can be used as either a handheld or an in car unit with provision for external antenna connection, it comes with 2 battery packs also, one for rechargeables and one as a back up pack for alkaline batteries.

Main Features: Volume, squelch, speaker-mike jack, Ch. 9 button, Multi Band select, hi-low power switch, channel lock, dual watch, scan, night light, power save, multi-function LCD display, spare battery pack, BNC rubber duck, belt clip, in car adaptor, mains charger. Uses 6 dry cell. AA type or 8 AA rechargeables (not supplied).

User selectable bands include all major European frequencies as well as the UK 40 channels and FM CEPT mid band [ subject to radio regs in the country of use ]

post-11343-1281712477.jpg

Thanks a lot.

Ah the old sideband (Illegal) frequencies- I had a Cobra 148 and a Superstar back in the day expanded from 25 Mh to 30Mhz- good luck with your search CQ DX

Les :crazy:

Ah the old sideband (Illegal) frequencies- I had a Cobra 148 and a Superstar back in the day expanded from 25 Mh to 30Mhz- good luck with your search CQ DX

Les :crazy:

Yep their the ones Les, looking for a little Hygain or something similar to that, those old superstars & cobras were good rigs, better than the modern stuff.

If you look here- http://www.kcb.co.uk/shop2/index1.html scroll down left hand side to CB and PMR radios

- they have multi band rigs for sale ( new) 10 and 11 metres-

I have the Magnum 257 10- 11m band - small as a standard CB with coverage ( expanded by the supplier at nio extra cost) to cover 25 Mhz to 30Mhz ssb-lsb am- fm etx etc cost me £209

Power output on fm is 21 watts and on sideband 40 watts- I run this through a 400w linear amp all vehicle mounted- through a pre swr twig on a mag mount

my UK call sign 26 SW 19- have QSL cards from many different countries

Have a look they have some nice rigs - even a Superstar 3900- with lots of goodies

Les

Edited by Lez325

Thanks a lot.

http://www.bigrigsradios.bravehost.com Dave is the guy to talk to nice bloke, he is away with his grand kids this week drop him a line, he has a list of second hand stuff on the site.

There is a lot of skip around with countries you would have probley never spoken to as the borders have opened up in the last 10/15yrs and people are not so worried abt sticking up a mast!

TEH

I guess that with all the combining etc going on right now that the CBs must be being used a far bit for chatt on the long days and nights working.

I am also looking for one but will make a mount for it to go in the car as and when i want as i dont want it in there all the time and will put a cigar lighter plug on it rather than hard wire it ! :blink:

Am also suprised they dont all just use PMR446 now as its cheaper and the same performance but all accounts !

Malantone, how much do you want for the hand held ?

Edited by salop sniper

Rob,

I have a tristar 777 and a cobra 148 somewhere, but I have no idea of the value of theses now...

Adam

That would depend on the amount of expansion- type of board type of mike &- what frequency range do they cover?

Les :blink: