Mossberg 500 Hushpower - The Law

ellebarto

ive done the ati folding stock conversion, hogue foregrip and added a holographic style red dot sight on a picatinny rail for my silenced mossber 20ga, im sure its legal and like you say the only legal issues relate to barrel length. mine is now a fantastic rabbit tool!! happy hunting btw it fits in the safe a treat with folding stock!!

Hey smart **** this 'traditionalist' owns and shoots a Mossberg moderated 20bore! only I still believe there are limits to how we should present ourselves!

I wager elbarto won't be walking down the street dressed as the chap in the article. So where ure going with that remark leaves me a little perplexed.

i always feel sorry for those self concious types afraid to do anything different from "the norm" customising guns is about practicality and fun, why is it so wrong to enjoy you gun and add gizmos? i have Beretta 686 which looks great on shoot days if you like that kinda snobbery, but my favouite gun is the mossberg! as long as your safe and respectful then shooting wil preserve its self.

ive done the ati folding stock conversion, hogue foregrip and added a holographic style red dot sight on a picatinny rail for my silenced mossber 20ga, im sure its legal and like you say the only legal issues relate to barrel length. mine is now a fantastic rabbit tool!! happy hunting btw it fits in the safe a treat with folding stock!!

Interesting. Can you post a few pics?

I had gone off the idea having received contradicting advice but I guess if I sold the spare shorter barrel, then the legal implications go away. I've also developed a contact in the US who is happy to ship me anything as long as it doesn't go bang by itself so my project is back on!

Personally I think it looks fantastic and the only thing that ever stopped me buying one was the weird way the gun cam up for the monster can on the front! This looks like the solution!

i wont lie mate the can makes it nose heavy and soooooo bloody long to swing. it takes some gettin used to!lol after a while it comes naturally my sight cost about £150 compared to the eotech ones which are £500 and does the same job. i will try and sort some pics. ATI is the stock you want, and Hogue make the best foregrips. (when ordering a foregrip dont forget to order the adapter nut!!) midway uk supply lots of bits and elkbay.com is a helpful U.S contact. if i can be of further help just ask :blink: Dave

MMMM!!! I suspect I'm 3 days late in getting that advice although it might still be OK. Been down the Eotech route and also decided on a cheaper alternative that appears to work fine. The pistol grip and forend I have on order are by black hawk and appea rot get decent reviews! Time will tell on the quality!

there is no harm in variation, your stock and grip wil probably work fine mate and last forever. i chose a hogue foregrip because they are rubber and easy to grip and pump when wet where as regular plastic or wood gets slippery on those rainy nights. my sight is a BSA, i chose it because it has the largest MOA reticle which when using a shotgun is what you need, as a general rule the larger the MOA the more expensive the sight, my BSA has the largest MOA available for sensible money and its a holographic type. this allows quick and easy sighting for moving targets and allows for a shotguns pattern, mine is on 1/2 choke and works great. BSA Pano Reflex Red Dot Sight Product: 853999 from midway uk, sorry RRP is £91 not £150. i promise you it is worth the cash. btw u need to mount it on a specific picatinny rail (£15)

Ive got a .22 MP5 clone that has a hologrpahic sight fitted but its a £45 bargain basement jobby that proved good value and I was planning to get another of those or at least try that to see if it does the job before I look at anything else. That does look pretty good though! $79 from the US direct!