Making a NV setup on the cheap -Have you done it ?

Salop Matt

When I say cheap i mean sub £150 ?

I bloke I know has a pilots NV monocular that he "found" at work (RAF) and how he uses it is that he keeps his 10/22 as normal with a standard day scope on it but then for the NV to go on it he just uses a peice of inner tube over the front of the monocular and over the eye peice of the scope and just holds his head further back abd the inner tube holds it in place.

Now I am thinking of doing something similar with one of the bellow :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5472...ht_Vision.html#

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products_det...mp;froogle=true also see the alternive photo !

Has anyone done this or simlar to save: money, re zeroing or 2 rifles ?

If so can you give me some deatils and photos and info on how you got on !

Cheers :hmm:

I tried the same on my .22 TDR S410, and in theory it works, just adding the mono to the rear of the scope, hovever, the mono was only good out to around 40yds, and as Ive now upgraded to FAC, its easier to just use a lamp and filter, saying that, if a pulsar came along cheap, Id snap it up

I've kinda gone through this whole process and your wasting your time with NV on the cheap. If you want to spend less than £150 you will get far better results with a lamp or decent torch setup. For between £850 and £1000 you get the pulsar N550 but thats the least you can really spend on night vision up to 100 yards without spending a fair bit more!

It wont be what you want to hear I know, having been there myself but it really is the truth and Ive done this one to death! Currently wavering on the brink of stumping up for the N550 but its a bulky scope and with only x4.5 mag maybe not enough!

I've kinda gone through this whole process and your wasting your time with NV on the cheap. If you want to spend less than £150 you will get far better results with a lamp or decent torch setup. For between £850 and £1000 you get the pulsar N550 but thats the least you can really spend on night vision up to 100 yards without spending a fair bit more!

It wont be what you want to hear I know, having been there myself but it really is the truth and Ive done this one to death! Currently wavering on the brink of stumping up for the N550 but its a bulky scope and with only x4.5 mag maybe not enough!

I totally agree, ive been there, tried to do that also. Not really worth it unless you have money to burn, compared to the results you`d get from a 25quid lamp.