Franchi Auto 612VS camo

ellebarto

I'm chopping in my auto FAC Hatsan. After a good start I've just got fedup with it being picky about what shells it will load etc. Shame cos when it did load it comes up very well indeed.

Anyway, I only ever bought it as a cheap pigeon gun and now I want to replace it. Doesn't have to be FAC but I want reliable and tough. I've been offered the Franchi by my pet gunsmith but know very little about them and cant find any reviews on line. Anyone have an opinion or even better own one?

I'm looking at it in McAvoys in Standish so if you traded a duff one in there, :hmm: let me know!!!

Its about £650

I'm chopping in my auto FAC Hatsan. After a good start I've just got fedup with it being picky about what shells it will load etc. Shame cos when it did load it comes up very well indeed.

Anyway, I only ever bought it as a cheap pigeon gun and now I want to replace it. Doesn't have to be FAC but I want reliable and tough. I've been offered the Franchi by my pet gunsmith but know very little about them and cant find any reviews on line. Anyone have an opinion or even better own one?

I'm looking at it in McAvoys in Standish so if you traded a duff one in there, :hmm: let me know!!!

Its about £650

Hi I have a 2nd hand Franchi Raptor 712 bought from Lawrence at Bamfords cost £550. Misfired a bit at first(1x50) but gave it a good clean and a pal said put some hefty shells through it, I did(it was virtually new and tight!) and it hasn't missed a beat will even shoot 21g eleys, super field gun weighs just over 6 lbs stock looks amazing. :hmm:

Hi I have a 2nd hand Franchi Raptor 712 bought from Lawrence at Bamfords cost £550. Misfired a bit at first(1x50) but gave it a good clean and a pal said put some hefty shells through it, I did(it was virtually new and tight!) and it hasn't missed a beat will even shoot 21g eleys, super field gun weighs just over 6 lbs stock looks amazing. :hmm:

An the 612 is its predcessor and almost identical right?

I don't think they are they same,i have a 712 and used it for 10 months,bought it new,,it's a fantastic gun,and never jams,i've also used carts down to 21grms,it's a gas gun but with a rotary bolt just like the Beretta A400,the Franchi has Benilli stamped on the barrell and the action so it's a quality gun.

i wanted an A400 so ended up getting one,and want to stick to one gun, so Franchi has to go,but I would definatly recommend one though ,I've only put 500 carts max through mine,£650,there's an advert from me in sale section from about 3 weeks ago if your're interested

I don't think they are they same,i have a 712 and used it for 10 months,bought it new,,it's a fantastic gun,and never jams,i've also used carts down to 21grms,it's a gas gun but with a rotary bolt just like the Beretta A400,the Franchi has Benilli stamped on the barrell and the action so it's a quality gun.

i wanted an A400 so ended up getting one,and want to stick to one gun, so Franchi has to go,but I would definatly recommend one though ,I've only put 500 carts max through mine,£650,there's an advert from me in sale section from about 3 weeks ago if your're interested

Is it in camo?

My local gunsmith does a 7day money back on 2nd hand kit, which I think is amazing, so I took this gun out and shot pigeon with it over the weekend.

Not sure who will be interested but for future reference, mechanism was faultless. Its a 3 shot and never miss fed over a good 125 shells. Its nice and light and the camo finish is good. It was a 30" barrel model and that was its downfall. No use in a hide with my big gorilla like brother sitting next to me! The amount of times I swung my barrel round for a snap shot and dragged half the hide with me was annoying! It went back to the shop this morning and was taken back instantly without question. Excellent service!

Researching what to get next now. My brother reckons I should bin the idea of an auto for pigeons and stick with my over and under clay gun but I have my heart set on a dedicated camo auto!! My whims cost me a fortune!