Trail cam

Mungler

My syndicate needs a couple of trail cams.

Something that does the job and isn't too expensive please - I also have it in mind that if the trail cam gets spotted it's going to go the same way as the electric fences and other stuff that has gone missing and been vandalised :good:

Indeed, I don't know how the cams work, but if there is any sort of camera flash or flashing LED then anyone caught on it will simply return an hour later with a saw and have the tree down that it's strapped to. So any ideas or tips here would be most useful.

The last time I looked at these Cabelas looked the cheapest, but I wouldn't want to order 3 or 4 of them and then get a rodgering letter and invoice from customs - which has happened with every other purchase I have made from the US.

So, what know ye, what say ye?

Cheers all.

My syndicate needs a couple of trail cams.

Something that does the job and isn't too expensive please - I also have it in mind that if the trail cam gets spotted it's going to go the same way as the electric fences and other stuff that has gone missing and been vandalised :good:

Indeed, I don't know how the cams work, but if there is any sort of camera flash or flashing LED then anyone caught on it will simply return an hour later with a saw and have the tree down that it's strapped to. So any ideas or tips here would be most useful.

The last time I looked at these Cabelas looked the cheapest, but I wouldn't want to order 3 or 4 of them and then get a rodgering letter and invoice from customs - which has happened with every other purchase I have made from the US.

So, what know ye, what say ye?

Cheers all.

Know nothing about trail cameras but if you find a dealer in the US, my recommnedation would be to find one via ebay with good feedback, email them first and ask if they will mark the parcel as either a gift or a trade sample with a $1 value!

Not a gurantee however its never failed for me yet! I have my crafty wife and her knowledge of import duty to thank for that little gem!!

try one of these

Wildview infrared xtreme

my shoot and a few other local shoots have tried these we no problems

the cam does have built in memory, but i suggest buying a 2gb sd card for it.

from memory i think it runs on c cell batteries, they last about a fortnight, maybe less if it takes loads of piccys