Some Advice Please

chippy18

Hoping for some advice please about Land Rover Defenders from those in the know.

Had not really thought about changing the Discovery but have been offered a 2004 Defender 90 TD5 for what seems to me to be a good price. Its got around 68,000 on the clock and is apparently in good nick. Am looking tomorrow and was wondering if there is anything that really needs looking at on these.

Cheers :good:

Head gasket is always a must.

Defenders have their own little faults, it's standard.

If you don't buy it, PM me. I might buy it if you don't want it :(

:) thanks for that. If its what I have been told think I will be having it. The only thing that has got me thinking is the price. Admittedly its a friend of a friend but he wants £9,250 and after looking at others for sale around here this seems cheap so am wondering if maybe too cheap.

:) thanks for that. If its what I have been told think I will be having it. The only thing that has got me thinking is the price. Admittedly its a friend of a friend but he wants £9,250 and after looking at others for sale around here this seems cheap so am wondering if maybe too cheap.

The price is fair. However, there's nothing saying you shouldn't ask if it can be sold cheaper.

Just open the bonnet, take a good look. Check for rust (they do get rusty, but serious rust is what you're looking for) Get in and take it for a spin.

Once you've bought it, we can discuss ways to make it run better; EGR removal, decat, etc. :(

Edited by Billy.

The price is fair. However, there's nothing saying you shouldn't ask if it can be sold cheaper.

Just open the bonnet, take a good look. Check for rust (they do get rusty, but serious rust is what you're looking for) Get in and take it for a spin.

Once you've bought it, we can discuss ways to make it run better; EGR removal, decat, etc. :)

Thanks for that.