new rifle fromUK Gunworks

snowz

I picked up my New rifle from Chris yesterday, the pictures dont do it justice as they are off my i phone but as soon as i get hold of a decent camera i will update them

Its a 260Ai built on a Remington 700 Blue Printed action, Border Barrel 1/8" twist, McMillan stock, Third Eye Tactical Rings, 20MOA Rail, Bolt **** and Moderator, Timney Trigger

Will be trying out 95gr V max with Benchmark powder and 140gr Bergers with Reloader 17 (also try the 95's with R17)

thanks again for another quality build Chris

8a2e6ef8.jpg

9027f723.jpg

085a836a.jpg

f84aade9.jpg

260 rounds before fire forming into 260AI

adf1069a.jpg

7e96f58a.jpg

was that Chris O from folkestone... if so i have seen that very gun and what a work of art have fun with that mate.

SGS

Hi SGS

The rifle was made by Chris Blackburn of UK GUNWORKS in Northampton not sure who your on about sorry an this is a new build rifle

But it is a work of art an can't wait to test my loads out when I am allowed out

Atb Richard

A thread off of another forum i use

Made my loads up the other day but not had a chance to try them till today, went up to my usual zeroing field, pictures tell the rest

Fire forming loads

95gr V Max with Benchmark powder

140gr Bergers non VLD with Reloader 17

CCI BR2 primers

260002.jpg

zeroed in with 5 rounds @ 100yds

260010.jpg

260 into 260AI

260015.jpg

95 gr V max results

I did struggle with the size of the circle i scribbled to test with, could of been a bit bigger as was lost with the thickness of the cross hair but didn't have a pen to enlarge, also had quite a bit of heat haze from the grass and then the barrel

260019.jpg

will use this load 40.8gr Benchmark, with the 95 v max to fire form the rest of the cases, 260021.jpg

140gr Berger non VLD 40.4gr Reloader 17

Not as good a group as with the 95 V max, will tweak but good enough to use for now, also noticed a fair bit more recoil with the 140's or perhaps it was also due to the Reloader 17 powder as its known for being quite fierce :good:

260045.jpg

It took me over 3 hours to test these loads as i waited for the barrel and mod to cool down between each batch and also cleaning the barrel between the 95 batch and 140 batch.

i will replicate the good batches and re try in the field and then zero on them and use them till i have 100 fire formed cases (50 already done) then re work my loads to find the best one for 260AI.

Next time i go out i will make the dots larger and also take a flask with me :yes:

I'm no target shooter and only had my FAC just over 18 months, i had a few bad groups which i wouldn't say was the loads but was due to me and pulling the shot or my bad shooting B) i am still getting used to the trigger, but i think the results aren't bad for me, especially for fire forming loads, will improve and update as i go

Thanks again Chris it looks like its a shooter B)

few pics of the rifle in its natural environment

260033.jpg

260035.jpg

260037.jpg

260038.jpg

just measured my groups from the loads earlier

here's the 95gr V max with 40.8gr Benchmark powder

260049.jpg

Here's the 140gr Bergers with 40.4gr Reloader 17

260058.jpg

:good: Very nice, sweet rifle dude.Can I ask how much something like that would set you back?

Hi mate, i'd like to say but thats between me and Chris and my mrs might see what i put :yes: B) but put it this way custom rifles aren't as much as you might think compared to a lot of NEW FACTORY rifles but what you do gain from the extra cost is worth it, better accuracy, consistence and to your looks and spec etc it all comes at a price but worth every penny of it.

This is my second rifle built by Chris and looks a shooter like the last one was,

atb Richard

Looks very nice Rich and shoots well to. I have to say that the ackley Chris built me shoots real sweet, best group to date is 0.171"

As for cost, as Rich says it's worth it but not as expensive as you might think. The one Chris does do is a real fast turnaround time!

Regards,Sprags

• 2 months later...

Nice rifle, Chris had dun a k hornet for me and a 22/250 and im getting .250 of an inch at 200 yards with the 22/250, so im happy . What sort of muzzle velocity you gettin with the 260ai as im looking at going down the 260ai road ?

Edited by strudwick