LOOKING TO BUY

topmantim

go for the lanber!!!

the browning medalist is a low grade (still good) browning but after no time at all you'll be looking for a 425/525. In my opinion if you van't afford a 425, go for the lanber (although a beretta 686 would be my choice if you can afford £550 for a used one)

have a look on guntrader as there are usually a few for sale around the lincs way, but you need to know what you like first.

Edited by bindi

I have a medalist and have no problems with it I regularly get 20+ on skeet and dont do badly on sporting or on the real thing for that matter.

I have used it for all sorts from skeet to wild fouling on the foreshore and have not had a single hicup from it.

I recently shot a round of skeet and a guy in our company who is a very accumplished shot did not have his own gun with him. He use d a different gun on every stand. On the whole most of the guns were nothing special Lambers medalists etc and the guy shot 23 out of 25. Dont blame the gun if you can shoot you can shoot!

Dave

Would also support devilsishdave's view that its more to do with the shooter and technique, rather than the gun itself.

Best advice, try (shoot) a few and see which you feel comfy with.

Me. i like beretta's but it is all personal. The range from browning and moruko are nice too, just different handling characteristics.

jUST TESTING THE WATER TO SEE IF ANY BODY MAY BE SELLING EITHER OF THE TWO GUNS. 12 OR 20 BORE MUST BE MULTICHOKE. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ONE TO SELL. EMAIL ME AT TOPMANTIM2@HOTMAIL.COM. WILL TRAVEL 50 MILE RADIUS OF LINCOLN. THANKS TIM AND ANY PICS IF POSS.

No need to shout, or i'll put me ear defenders on :devil:

Browning medalists are (or at least were) made by french company FIAS. If you look around you can get the same gun for less as a FIAS.

I was looking at a medalist but the stocks tended to be a bit short for me. I went with a Browning Ultra in the end which is basically a tarted up 425, and am impressed with it :devil:

Kyle

As others have said look on gun trader,

in particular check out what Derek Ollivant at Manor Gun Rooms in Woodhall Spar has to offer,its close to you .

If i were you i'd have a ride over to look in his shop,I bought a gun from him just before christmass,and was very impressed with the amount of guns he had in,

nice bloke too,even made me a cup of tea!

Tell him your Budget ,and what you want the gun for ,eg clays, game ect,

and he will pull out loads of guns for you to look at ,then leave you to it for as long as you like.

Best gun shop i've ever been in for service and friendly help.

This is'nt an advert for the above shop,just my personal recommendation after having a good deal with him.

hope it is of help,

All the best Mick.

Edited by Fenlander

That gunauction site is a very dangerous place to someone that'll be after a shotgun soon.

The only thing I would be worried about is finding a bargain and then getting hold of it to find out it's not going to fit or feels wrong.

Wookie