Shot my first triple today!

Jamesnns

Shot my first triple today!

I shot a double, one hand thrown and the other via auto thrower and the guy next to me had missed his clay so I went ahead and dusted it (shot it clean) as well.

What a nice feeling that was.

This was at an open (Public) firearm range (shotgun side) where anyone can shoot. ( Not sure how you English guys do it)

We basically have "Gun" ranges where you just show up and shoot what you want)

I shot over 225 rounds of 12gauge today. I'll wake up tomorrow very sore no doubt.

I shot a triple at my first clay shoot, and easy pair one incoming one outgoing shot the pair with one cartridge, then given another incomer to shoot. This was at three acres (Leaden Roding) on the tution stand when it was behind the pool shoot layout in (2005) (beretta 682 g e)

I would never dream of shooting at a clay on anothers stand knowingly.

M.

I was using my Remington 870 pump.

This is a public range. There aren't any boxes or stands from which to throw clays. There isn't any score keeping unless you decide you want to and do it yourself.

The range and people are very relaxed and it's a fun atmosphere but yet extremely safe and well conducted.

It's not uncommon at all to shoot someone elses clay that was winged (partially hit) or missed alltogether and then shoot at it yourself. But this is after you've met up and gotten to know each other.

No one would just outright do this, but after meeting the folks and joining with them the friendships begin.

We give rounds, clays, borrow guns etc all the time. It's all in good fun.

My triple came from 1 clay from an auto thrower straight down range, the 2nd came from a hand thrower that went right to left and the third was a hand thrown missed clay from the shooter next to me that was straight down range but had hit its apex and was dropping fast.

There is a local gun club that I've been invited to shoot at. They shoot with newcomers (invities)on Thursday afternoons. This place is well restricted. The have 5 boxes, you keep score and compete with each other.(Trap and Skeet shooting) I've never shot this way yet but plan on doing so soon. The club is expensive to join and you have to be invited to join by at least two other members. They hold competitions from local, regional and national there. I'm sure I'll do OK, but I'll be shooting with some of the best shooters in my area.