Working Italian Spinone

CaptC

After taking my hard working 3 year old Lab to the vets with a suspected bad back it appears he has, like his three predecessors the dreaded hip dysplasia.(Despite all the pedigrees with low hip scored parents!) A short working career now awaits him.

I'm looking for a Spinone that someone might want to rehome? A breed that will suit my advancing years because of their docile nature.

A very good loving (indoor) country home is offered with a lot of exercise.

After taking my hard working 3 year old Lab to the vets with a suspected bad back it appears he has, like his three predecessors the dreaded hip dysplasia.(Despite all the pedigrees with low hip scored parents!) A short working career now awaits him.

I'm looking for a Spinone that someone might want to rehome? A breed that will suit my advancing years because of their docile nature.

A very good loving (indoor) country home is offered with a lot of exercise.

You might want to contact the Spinone re-homing people through the owners club.

http://www.italianspinone.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=119

My parents have had a bitch since she was pup and after their last Springer popped her paws, they registered with the re-homing co-ordinator and now have another 3yo, but male this time. You cant guarantee getting a dog from a working background, the rehome one they have came from a pet background and has no idea whatsoever about being a gun dog. I believe they have quite a strict re homing policy regarding whether you get one or not, but might be worth a phone call.

Good luck, I think they are beautiful dogs with a good nature and very individual personalities, also good escape artists........

You might want to contact the Spinone re-homing people through the owners club.

http://www.italianspinone.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=119

My parents have had a bitch since she was pup and after their last Springer popped her paws, they registered with the re-homing co-ordinator and now have another 3yo, but male this time. You cant guarantee getting a dog from a working background, the rehome one they have came from a pet background and has no idea whatsoever about being a gun dog. I believe they have quite a strict re homing policy regarding whether you get one or not, but might be worth a phone call.

Good luck, I think they are beautiful dogs with a good nature and very individual personalities, also good escape artists........

Gareth,

Many thanks re the advice/ I looked at the Spinone re homing page and read their policy - from what I gather what ever they might find for you has to be neutered which I do not agree with.

They are, as you say, a wonderful breed with great character and, with luck, excellent working dogs. I once had a GSP which I bought from a so called working dog breeder. It was a complete lunatic and barked, howled and whined all day and night. In the end I took it back and they agreed it was "not right" so that put me off GSP's!

Thanks

CC