Help needed please

border Scott

I could do with a bit of advice lads. Ive got a 8 month lab which is my first dog. Tonight i took the dog down the fields before dark and about a mile from my back door she ran down and caught a rabbit which she brought straight back to me despite ignoring me when i told her to leave it. She was really pleased with herself and because she came with it i didnt discipline her in any way. She was really soft mouthed but i noticed the rabbit had myxi so i broke its neck and threw it in the burn. We then went home and i forgot about the incident. About an hour later i let her out the back for a pee and when i went to let her back in she was gone. She has never left the garden before. To cut a long story short after a good while she reappeared running full tilt over the field with the rabbit proud as punch. It was defo the same rabbit. Im confused as to what to do here. Her instinct is obviously really strong to retrieve to me but i cant let her get away with hunting.