Roof mounted lamp

12borejimbo

Ok, I pick up my new truck at the end of Jan, Daihatsu Fourtrak, now instead of holding my hand out the window and freezing my fingers off I have seen a few roof mounted lights on vehicles. Are these any good, does anyone have one for sale and what pros and cons are there? Thanks everyone!

im also fed up of freezing my fingers off so would also be intrested in the response to this

You could buy a lightforce 170 plus bracket to mount in your truck if you intend to do alot of lamping as it makes life so much easier for the shooter and the man lamping as you can both do it from the comfort of your truck. This is the method most people including myself use, its upto you wether you deciede to cut a hole in your roof and mount it or make a bracket with suction cups to attach to your roof.

This is what you will need to work your lamp from inside your vehicle.

post-12981-0-14532600-1293145128.jpg

Hiya, I've got a Lightforce 170, scope mounted, but didnt want to go drilling holes in the roof of my Mitsubishi,and the cost is quite expensive for the fitting itself...If I had the cash,I would have bought one tho, they are the dogs... so, bought this off my mate, its a suction fixed lamp, wired remote control,with a 100 watt bulb....does the job well, and stays on the car at 50mph, havent gone faster so far.....:)

Cost was £30 second hand, just what my mate paid for it new at one of the game fairs..:)

IMG_6860.jpg

Edited by Norrie

hi , i have one of the roof mounted ones with the remote control. the draw back is the speed o the travel and getting used to the remote control, its a lot slower than the hand version. once you get used to the remote its great and you can use it away from the vehicle (100M)so you can leave the vehicle a the field entrance with no crop damage etc.. the one i got cost me £120. personaly, i think it is well worth the money and a good all rounder. :good: