Marlin 917 VS .17 HMR

Here we have my pride and joy, beautiful rifle, green laminate stock with 20inch stainless steel varmint barrel, 2 Nickel magazines in 4 and 7 shot. Black Sak Moderator and a choice of 3 scopes. Ontop at the moment is my MTC Viper 4-16x50. I love this scope, it is 2 weeks old, I still have the receipt and all ive fired is 20 ish shots to zero it. £600 with this setup.

The other scopes are in the for sale section, they are a Nikko Stirling Platinum Nighteater 6-24x56 £425 with this setup,and a Hawke Nite eye 6.5-20x50, £400 with this setup.

I am selling my baby because it is just a bit too fancy, I do alot of gamekeeping/pest control and I dont want it to get ruined, I am after a CZ 16" plastic or wood, which is nice and short and I dont care if it gets knocked or scratched as it will be a tool.

This rifle is extremely accurate, I can hit a 1p at 100 yards everytime. If you live local and are interested I would be willing to take you out so you can shoot it to see for yourself!

I have been trying to put this off for a long time but I do need something a bit more rugged, so if you want to swap then I would be willing to.

I dont think I would include the Bi pod.post-22170-0-43206700-1293999070.jpg

Didn't want to get it ruined?! Perlease! You'd not buy a Land Rover and sell it the next day because you didn't want to get it muddy :lol:

Stickfloat - :welcomeani: - it's a .17HMR so consider it around the 250ft/lbs power at the muzzle - or a very dead 150 yard rabbit :lol:

Haha, you only say this because you have a landrover. Genuinly I am selling it for this reason, it is a bit too fancy and I want something short to use in my truck, hence the wanting for a 16" version, I could keep the rifle and get it chopped, but no point as its going to cost me £150, so might aswell get a new one with the shorter barell.

• 4 weeks later...