My 3 Year Old Cocker! It's looking good!

Junior_Jack

Hello Every1,

Just to let you know my cocker is now retrieving good i've been throwing a toy about and when he brings it back rewarding him with a treat or by stroking him for a while! I'd didn expect him to be any good but it's looking good at the moment! Next i'll look at lead training and the recall as he pulls alot any1 got any tips? I'll introduce him to a rabbit skin dummy with a rabbit scent liquid on it sometime soon!

Thanks

Jack

:D:D

My 6 month old cocker pulled loads on the lead but would walk to heel off the lead (when she felt like it!), I tried stopping and waiting every time she pulled and praising/treats when she didn't but it made no difference so decided to try a slip lead (I didn't want to until she was older but I thought I'd give it a go) and after a few days it did the trick, she still wants to be a pace in front of me but she keeps the lead slack.

I don't think it comes naturally for a cocker to walk so closely so it may take a bit of time to correct.

Good luck.

ive been out today with Rob latch and ive learned so much just watching what he does with his little cocker .she had pups a couple of months ago and shes:s not been out all the time carrying and looking after her litter but today 2 month after she;s had her litter she was excellent, working the hedges flushing the odd thing ,we never got anything but just to watch someone like Rob work his dog, i was just pleased that Rob let me tag along with my little cocker just to help her learn from such a great little dog and such a good handler , i can only hope that my little cocker gets as half as good as he;s is i can only say iff anyone needs any advice on learning their dog the right way just get in touch with Rob Latch