Need Some Help Please

Sniper-Blend

Hey all :P

Well iv got a little problem with an air rifle that was given to me, Its a HW95 that i use quite regulary but every now and again the rifle wont lock in place when i cock it and then i have to keep re-cocking it to it will eventually lock. Another problem i have is that when it dos lock in place it wont fire, its like it gets jammed so i try to cock it again to engage the safety catch again and when i disengage it it fires. I have stripped down the rifle when these problems first started to arrise and i think it is the trigger unit/assembly. With the trigger unit/assembly on its own i have simulated it being cocked and then i pull the trigger to fire it and sometimes it fires and sometimes it wont so im pretty sure that this is the problem and that maybe i need a new trigger unit/assembly but im not sure and thats why i thought i would ask you guys. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and any links you might have to were i can buy another trigger unit/assembly if i need one as i dont really want to go to my local airgun shop as they are really axpensive :thumbs: i just hope that i dont need a new unit/assembly

Thanks all in advance :D

Highly possible that you have got something wrong with the trigger sear.

I have just picked up a 95 from an associate who brought it second hand, his problem is that it goes off when you take the safety catch off.....V DANGEROUS...

Its currently with one of the lads who is sorting it out for me.

Your local Ish to me, Check out BOLTONAIRGUNSOCIETY.CO.UK thats the club that I am in, more than welcome to come down for a look and our resident "Gun Doctor" could sort it out for you for a nominal fee.

Iv been taking rifles apart for years, repairing them, tuning them and so forth and i dont really want this problem with the trigger to get the better of me lol. I have put the rifle down for the time being as safety is above all else but i need the necesary info to repair it or replace it. Iv never had a problem before repairing a rifle but i must say that this is the first time iv come accross a problem like this

what power is the rifle running at? as have had a similar problem on a rifle i used to own and that was due to it being over powered, gave it to my local gun smith next day had it back better than it had ever been :thumbs:

ROB :P

Its a 22. but its got me wondering now with you putting that about yours being over powered as the person who gave me this rifle said he did over power it, but he is normally just saying things like that to make himself look good lol but i am defo going to look into that just encase he did, thanks

I think worst case scenario would be that it needs another rigger unit which shouldnt be much problem as they are all standard units :thumbs:

just curiouse and dont mean to teach grandma to suck egs but have you tried adjusting the tigger?sometimes you cant see the wood for the trees :P

ROB :D

THe one that I handed over was pulling 14.8............................its going for a tune down....

Have you checked the trigger settings, when I was trying to sort out the trigger I noticed that if it was too light it would not engage.

No not checked the trigger settings as iv never had a problem with a trigger before now and i usually just leave it to how the manufacturer has set it. But i suppose that its even possible that who i got it off has played about with that also so i will look into that, thanks mate

I think worst case scenario would be that it needs another rigger unit which shouldnt be much problem as they are all standard units :thumbs:

just curiouse and dont mean to teach grandma to suck egs but have you tried adjusting the tigger?sometimes you cant see the wood for the trees :P

ROB :D

Hehe lol i never even thought about that till the other one mentioned it, as i normally leave the trigger adjustment to the manufactured setting but i suppose who i got it off could of also messed around with that so will defo look into that

what power is the rifle running at? as have had a similar problem on a rifle i used to own and that was due to it being over powered, gave it to my local gun smith next day had it back better than it had ever been :thumbs:

ROB :P

Its a 22. but its got me wondering now with you putting that about yours being over powered as the person who gave me this rifle said he did over power it, but he is normally just saying things like that to make himself look good lol but i am defo going to look into that just encase he did, thanks

If the main spring is too long, it wont be able to latch onto the trigger mechanism properly, and even so if it does latch there could be further problems..