Ceasar Guerini Summit DTS Trap

Chokemeister

I have my hands on a nice Guerini Summit DTS Trap over-and-under.

This is the Summit Trap model, with the 22mm or so very high adjustable rib, not the 'Impact' variant which isn't as high.

20kpu1i.jpg

This is my Front Rib Adjustment.

Only fired a few rounds off, just to get the feel.

Felt recoil is very well suppressed.

Keen to swap talk with any other owners out there.

I owned a trap Caesar Guerini Summit Ltd for about a year. Nice gun, but too similar to my Beretta - it had to go. Lot of gun for the money. I saw a DTS trap Guerini at Rishton about two months ago. Lad was shooting sporting with it.

I can imagine their worth at trap - less so for sporting. My main problem with them is that they are almost double the price. I can't see where the extra money is justified on an adjustable rib.

I owned a trap Caesar Guerini Summit Ltd for about a year. Nice gun, but too similar to my Beretta - it had to go. Lot of gun for the money. I saw a DTS trap Guerini at Rishton about two months ago. Lad was shooting sporting with it.

I can imagine their worth at trap - less so for sporting. My main problem with them is that they are almost double the price. I can't see where the extra money is justified on an adjustable rib.

Well I have a new Beretta at £1000 less. The Guerini looks value for the wood quality, the metal scroll and wood to metal fit.

£3200 seems a good price for what I got. From my experiences of customer services, it's second-to-none and adds real worth to it on that alone.

Money can be an issue, I'm more worried how a gun actually shoots, handles recoil, and tames muzzle-jump for the second shot etc.

I agree about the value for money. The wood to metal fit is excellent and, if you take the stock off, the internals are very nicely engineered / finished.

This makes the standard Summit superb value. Given the rocketing price of high rib trap guns, £3200 might seem okay, but I can't imagine the rib costs as much to build as the rest of the gun, with a standard rib.

I agree about the value for money. The wood to metal fit is excellent and, if you take the stock off, the internals are very nicely engineered / finished.

This makes the standard Summit superb value. Given the rocketing price of high rib trap guns, £3200 might seem okay, but I can't imagine the rib costs as much to build as the rest of the gun, with a standard rib.

When you had it, did you pattern the rib's real-world POI?

if so can you recall what percentage POI split did you get at lowest and highest front-rib settings (eg setting for highest and lowest POI respectively)?

eg 60/40, 95/5 etc

Edited by Chokemeister

Mine wasn't the adjustable rib type. It was the standard Summit LTD Trap. I only buy flat shooting guns. I don't see the advantage in adjusting the rib. It means you can only ever accurately shoot going away targets. It also means patterning your gun with every shell make you ever use and at a known distance.

As I said - for trap disciplines - fine. For sporting - they are non-starters.