Spaniel shoulder problem

Beretta28g

Right well today my spaniel had a lump/tumor/cyst removed from his front left shoulder and he has quite a large wound which has been stiched.

The vet has not issued a "buster collar" because he cannot reach the wound with his muzzle; however he can scratch it with his back paw.

What is the best way to prevent this from happening especially during the night?

Oh and by the way the vet suggested either a tee shirt or sock, though after experiments these are proving a problem to keep on, and as the vet said he must not do any excersize for 14 days we were wondering whether him trying to remove the garments would be more benificial than good.

Many Thanks

Edited by Beretta28g

HI there, my dog had a huge lump taken out of his back where his microchip went nasty and had to be removed with a large chunk of rotten flesh. This was just between his shoulder blades and also easily scratchable. I used a childs tshirt on him that was very close fitting and it healed really well. The vet was very concerned it wouldn't heal as it was so large a hole in a place which is always moving as the shoulder blades move back and forth. Good luck, I hope yours heals equally as well as my boys did. :) Helen.

T shirt is a good idea as long as its tight fitting

your vet can supply you with dog tees if needed. if he is at it to much he may need his paws bound if his claws are kicking the wound open

best of luck with him hope it heels sharpish :good:

went through something similar last year with my boy was awful

after a second op i got some dog t shirts off the vet and had his paws bound for a few days

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Edited by Tom&Dexter