Surefire torch for lamping?

Blunderbuss

I've got a Surefire torch that I've had for a while, not sure what model it is?? :huh: It has a conventional (non LED) bulb, halogen I think but whatever it is it's blindingly bright. It takes 2 of the surefire 3 SF123A lithium batteries. It's a superb bit of kit, a searchlight in your pocket! :yes: The only downside is the battery life isn't great and the replacements aren't cheap, though I did get a bargain batch off the bay of E. But I was wondering if I could gun mount it?

3 questions:

1. Does anyone make a bracket to mount it on top of a scope.

2. Does Surefire (or anyone else) make a pressure pad switch for it which I could mount on the stock?

3. Would it be OK for lamping rabbits on a HMR?

Pressure switch:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=surefire+pressure+switch&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I've got one, don't use it much and they've a reputation for failing but its done ok so far!

Scope mount:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290517361648

Again, I use something similar and it works. I've converted my Surefire to LED, cheap bulb of the internet works but the proper LED is worth the investment.

Edit: if you're going to use it lots you can get a rechargable battery, otherwise buy them in bulk!

Edited by timearp

I have used an Insight Tech M3 on my rimmies for some years - same light and batteries as a Surefire G2, also have a G2 on a custom rat air rifle (based on a Ratcatcher).

Its OK for Rabbits when its really dark but they get shy to them very quickly and not over 50m as you dont get sufficient light to properly ID what your shooting at (you wouldnt want to shoot a cat by mistake would you?).

They are however very good for pigeon clearance in barns (air rifle) and rats (same again or rf with CB longs)

I've got a Surefire torch that I've had for a while, not sure what model it is?? :huh: It has a conventional (non LED) bulb, halogen I think but whatever it is it's blindingly bright. It takes 2 of the surefire 3 SF123A lithium batteries. It's a superb bit of kit, a searchlight in your pocket! :yes: The only downside is the battery life isn't great and the replacements aren't cheap, though I did get a bargain batch off the bay of E. But I was wondering if I could gun mount it?

3 questions:

1. Does anyone make a bracket to mount it on top of a scope.

2. Does Surefire (or anyone else) make a pressure pad switch for it which I could mount on the stock?

3. Would it be OK for lamping rabbits on a HMR?

hi mate,you can buy a single rechargable battey that wil replace the 2 sf123a's.it a 2400mAh 3.7v and it's no is18650 .put this no into ebay and they'll pop up.a battery and carger is only £12 and in the cree lamp i use they last about 4 hours...hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi mate,you can buy a single rechargable battey that wil replace the 2 sf123a's.it a 2400mAh 3.7v and it's no is18650 .put this no into ebay and they'll pop up.a battery and carger is only £12 and in the cree lamp i use they last about 4 hours...hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good tip, thanks - and to Burpster :good: