Woops just damaged a gas main

Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

Just had to come home after damaging a gas mains,looks like the old iron post I removed had grazed the side when whoever wacked it in and when I pulled it out it damaged the pipe.

Bother was the few words I used worst thing is I metered the site and the meter said it a good two foot from where it was and confirm the gas boards own map, also it was all of 500mm under the ground a good garden fork could of reached it.

Still there goes the money on this job hoo hum said the wombles .

Cookie

bad luck mate, will your insurance cover it? a few years back my father was clearing a site for Bernard mathews and hit underground phone lines, went to court as the map he had said the cables were half a mile away near the road, still had to pay though, cost his insurance a 6 figure sum.

No real headache teh guys who came out said whoever put the the angleiron fencing prior to me had run it right up the side of the pipe when I levered it out it fractured the join,not my fault and they have noted it on the call out as this.

So hope I dont get charged for the call out but I dont hold my breath .The meter was way off where the pipe was :o

Keep you updated Cookie