Tales from when i was a child

Slipster

When i was 10 year old i had to stay off school because of my mumps, my mum used to work at the local hardware store and my father worked on Grimsby dock,

I very rarely saw my Dad other than at weekends because I had 4 brothers and he always worked overtime to support us all. Any way as my mumps started to get better so my strength returned my Mum whent back to work and i had to stay in bed, under strick instruction not to answer the door to anyone. After reading all my comics:- Dandy Beano and Victor i started to get bored my eyes turned to my brothers dart board, I was never allowed to throw his darts and he kept them in his sock draw right at the back. I opened the draw and groped among his disgusting socks my throat gipping at the thought of his varooka infested feet. After three or four throws i was soon bored as i had to keep getting out of bed, I had a brilliant idea and off i whent under the sink where my mother kept a ball of string that she used to tie the brown paper around her tins when baking cakes. Back in bed i had cut a long length of string that reached from my bed to the dart board, I tied my string around the plastic flight of the dart :D and i was away time after time hitting the board and then pulling out the dart . UNTIL yes the dart embedded in my kneecap :D I screemed for about three hours until my mum got home :*) All my mum could say was just you wait till i tell your Dad. And she did and i got a belt off my Dad :lol: Ahh well good memories :lol:

We used to cut straight wands from the osier beds, split the ends and make flights from fag packets (20s), then fix the pointy ends from darts to the front and shoot them at each other using catapults!! Another trick was to shoot them at a mate crossing on a bike to see if we could get them through the front wheel and throw him off. Happy, dangerous days.