Looking for advice and help with pricing etc

Hi Guys

One of my friends dad (who was heavily into shooting) has recently died and she asked me to have a look at some of his shooting stuff and help her to sell it on. All of his guns are either in gunshops or are now sold. However, all of his reloading gear was still at the house.

I was round there today but I'm not sure what I'm actually allowed to remove and sell as I don't make my own ammunition and it's all calibres that I don't have on my cert.

I've got a firearms and shotgun cert but what am I allowed to take away; bullet heads, rifle cartridges, gun powder etc? There is also loads of die sets for different calibres and measuring kits and I don't have a clue what they are worth? He seems to have pretty much everything, even stuff for moulding his own bullets.

Any advice is appreciated and please let me know if you want me to put up any specifics.

Thanks, Gav.

Thanks for your reply mate.

Heres a short list of some of the stuff I have at the moment:

• RCBS die sets for: .223 Rem, 7x57 Mauser, .45-70, .22 Hornet, .357MG/.38SP.
  • Lyman die set for 38-55 Winchester
  • Hornady die set for .243 Winchester
  • Various other non-boxed dies
  • RCBS 5.0.5 scales
  • RCBS uniflow powder measure.
  • LEE load-all cartridge loader.
  • RCBS loading blocks
  • Various LEE bullet molds.
  • LEE powder measure kit

There's also still hundreds of mainly .284 and .308 bullet heads and loads of various rifle cartridges and also loads of primers.

Hope that helps.

Nice one guys.

There's no made-up ammo there, think it has already been removed by the police or perhaps the gunshops that took the guns. I'll defo lift the rest of the stuff now that I know it's ok to.

I'm hopefully meeting one of my mates tomorrow to see if he is after any of it but the rest of the stuff I'll post on here and will give you a heads-up before doing so.

Cheers, Gav.

your have trouble getting rid of the heads as most have to be on your ticket hp/exp , and i am sure you cant post primers as they are classed as explosives , best sell them to local people as they can collect and sign the heads over to them everything else post on other sales with a price delivered ,