Pigeon Shooting in Derby

I live just outside Derby in a village called Spondon. I would love to have a go at Pigeon Shooting, but don't know where I can shoot.

Has anyone got any idea where I could try a days pigeon shooting? around this area.....

cheers

Kevin

Thats brilliant, I really have no idea where we can shoot pigeons, but I suppose the best places would be somewhere where they have crops especially. But really any farmer may be able to help.

Anyway thanks for your comments and if you do happen to find somewhere then do let me know. If you are interested in Clay Pigeon Shooting you may wish to visit our club we are based at

Brassington just outside Wirksworth. take a look at the clubs website www.ddcpsc.org.uk

boys fill car up go round on sundays best day as framers are in more and ask as many as you can in day dress smart take your

pemission slips ,insurance take it in turns askin once you get chatin to them its easy to slip in have you got any pigeons on your land :lol:

bet you can do 30 farms in one day you only need 1 to say yes after that its miles easyer trust me good luck

Thanks for the suggestion I'll have a think about doing this, Plenty of farmers around this area and most of them farm crops

and people will 'think' about offering you some shooting. Get off your ***** and make an effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi also looking for advice on this subject. Have been shooting for about five years but have recently moved to derby and am finding it a real struggle finding sites. Have got some land but it's a good hour drive so would love to get somewhere a bit closer. Go to lowes lane clay ground but am still struggling even with going round to landowners.

and people will 'think' about offering you some shooting. Get off your ***** and make an effort.

:good:

Go door knocking, you might get a day shooting from a nice member on here, but tbh you'll not pick up a permission, get out and about.