BARF

Riothedog

BARF is brilliant dog food. It stands for Bones and Raw Foods and I've started feeding it to Rio the Labarador.

Within 3 days I had a different dog.

It is a diet which gets rotated so she doesn't get too much of the same thing. The 4 main parts are recreational bones, poultry necks, chicken wings and natures choice.

Bones for fun, cleaning the teeth and gums, providor of calcium etc.

Poultry necks are usually turkey and they are sliced across the way at about an inch thick. Full of cartlidge, fats, meat etc.

Wings have a different type of fat, loads of meat and bones.

Natures choice is minced meat with vegetables added. Theory is that if a dog got a rabbit in the wild then it would eat the stomach with all of it's contents and they do need a certain amount of vegetable matter in their diet.

What happened? I did an immediate swap from Bakers to BARF. Coat went silky, bad breath went away, more attentive, no hyperactivity, better whilst out hunting and the dog got better too! When I stand with a lamp or bino's, she sits down and looks around. Before there was always a bit of "Where's that bloody dog gone?" I bet your's does too but you don't notice it.

Brilliant food and I would recommend every dog to be on it. Costs about the same as good kibble. I buy mine from a supplier in Royston, North Herts but I am sure that there is someone in your area too.

Try it!

RTD

• 2 weeks later...

it is essential that you get this diet right.

to ensure the dog has a perfectly healthy, balanced diet with all the nutrients required, there are a lot of components to this regime of feeding.

if anyone is seriously recommending this diet, then i would advise you to read the book 'the barf diet' by Ian Billinghurst. this book will advise you of all the required ingredients.