Scope - Shmidt & Bender

huffhuff

thats nothing to do with having too much disposable income then NB :lol:

So i'd agree a Variable scope in a top brand would be ideal, but there are budget costs to stick to (nick lol)

in which case going for the better glass would make sense around the budget rather than a inferior glass which is a variable?

either way you wont be dissapointed with a S&B 8x56!

thats the thing though I'd put a cheaper variable on a HMR before an 8x56 decent make. Indeed its what I've done and yes optically its not as good as my swaro on my fox / deer gun but its easier to shoot rabbits with and often will be cranked up relatively high.

correct! i'm in the middle of saving for another Scope! but question is, do i

A: buy a Variable Swaro / Schmidt for my .223 Remmy

B: put S&B 8x56 on .223 and buy another scope for .17?

C: get another S&B for my .223

Ben next time were out your welcome to try my 8x56 again on the HMR!

yup usually the people who have one and not looked through a decent variable :yes:

They are top notch on a pure stalking rifle but HMR or a fox rifle they are not the best.

Jusy to qualify what I posted, I run a Nightforce variable for daytime, but the S & B 8 x 56 #4 is a better scope for foxing IMO. Try it, it wont suit everyone, or do a poll on how many fox lampers either ever change the magnification when they're out, or need more than 8x.

Not really, I just go for what works best for me. The S & B's smaller, lighter, cheaper unless you go for the flash dot, gives a nice wide field of view, the #4 is easy to see in the dark, quality build, doesn't drift off zero and its capable at 200yds which is plenty far enough at night. There's never time to mess about with magnification and parallax on a variable if you want to get the job done and at around £400 for a used one it'll hold its value.