A few rounds of .22LR, surplus to requirements

Blunderbuss

I have a few odds and **** of .22LR ammo I don't need, just over 100 rounds.

A box and a half or so of Lapua hollow points (71 rounds). I bought these to try and and they are very accurate, but are not subs so a bit noisy. Also, as they need a different zero point in my rifle to the subs I normally use, its a bit of a faff.

Part box (35 rounds) of "Aguilla Super SE Extra HP", high velocity hollow points. OK accuracy wise (not so good as the Lapua) and noisy even with a mod.

I need rid of these, free to collect. PM me if you have a use for them and are happy to collect from Stroud in Gloucs. Obviously - need to be an FAC holder with a .22 slot conditioned for expanding ammo.

Edited by Blunderbuss

I have a few odds and **** of .22LR ammo I don't need, just over 100 rounds.

A box and a half or so of Lapua hollow points (71 rounds). I bought these to try and and they are very accurate, but are not subs so a bit noisy. Also, as they need a different zero point in my rifle to the subs I normally use, its a bit of a faff.

Part box (35 rounds) of "Aguilla Super SE Extra HP", high velocity hollow points. OK accuracy wise (not so good as the Lapua) and noisy even with a mod.

I need rid of these, free to collect. PM me if you have a use for them and are happy to collect from Stroud in Gloucs. Obviously - need to be an FAC holder with a .22 slot conditioned for expanding ammo.

i would have em m8 -but reading long way from you ! unless your ever over this way

I was just telling Neil that some kind gent was offering free ammo up his way. he said he would leave it for the needy.lol. then i see it was you giving it away.lmao.

very kind offer there, is you dont get it gone then use it for plinking at severnside like neil did last week.

Phil.

Dave - I seem to remember your ammo hold number being a bit on the tight side? If you want rid of these and there are no needy takers then give me a shout and I'll shove them in my safe until the next range day when we can lose them. I'm guessing you just want to buy some more of the rounds you've settled on and these are in the way?!

Dave - I seem to remember your ammo hold number being a bit on the tight side? If you want rid of these and there are no needy takers then give me a shout and I'll shove them in my safe until the next range day when we can lose them. I'm guessing you just want to buy some more of the rounds you've settled on and these are in the way?!

Hi Neil, nail on the head. Ticket allowance is pathetic (will vary in due course) and went ammo shopping today and could have done with buying a bit more but couldn't without going over my limit because of these. If you've got space on your ticket you'd be doing me a favour.

Edited by Blunderbuss

Hi Neil, nail on the head. Ticket allowance is pathetic (will vary in due course) and went ammo shopping today and could have done with buying a bit more but couldn't without going over my limit because of these. If you've got space on your ticket you'd be doing me a favour.

yes i hear you -i have different rounds that im not happy with and have settled for sub RWS but i do have others (remis) that are to noisy in cattle areas and the zero is quite differnt on high velocity - take them to your club and put them down range (obviously allowing for low/hight tragetory)- im not sure if there is a BULLET BANK where you can off load these rounds -i know at the NRA you can hand rounds in for different reasons - im not sure you need to flag up rounds that dont suit , but if you have a permission for hunting and shoot regularly (meaning buying ammo at regular intervales ish ) then just buy a box (50) and find the round thats best suited to your rifle and your shooting - forget high velocity in .22 would be my advice -zero with subs 50yrds and be confident at 80 with drop in mind -if you want more distance and your permission is suited go for .17hnr but it wont ! be quite - hope i dont sound patronising so pls dont take offence, you probably know more than me -but i hear you as i said at begining ! :good:

yes i hear you -i have different rounds that im not happy with and have settled for sub RWS but i do have others (remis) that are to noisy in cattle areas and the zero is quite differnt on high velocity - take them to your club and put them down range (obviously allowing for low/hight tragetory)- im not sure if there is a BULLET BANK where you can off load these rounds -i know at the NRA you can hand rounds in for different reasons - im not sure you need to flag up rounds that dont suit , but if you have a permission for hunting and shoot regularly (meaning buying ammo at regular intervales ish ) then just buy a box (50) and find the round thats best suited to your rifle and your shooting - forget high velocity in .22 would be my advice -zero with subs 50yrds and be confident at 80 with drop in mind -if you want more distance and your permission is suited go for .17hnr but it wont ! be quite - hope i dont sound patronising so pls dont take offence, you probably know more than me -but i hear you as i said at begining ! :good:

Cheers. The HV came with the gun, don't see the need for them in .22, if I want to make that much noise I'll use my HMR! I thought the Lapuas were subs when I bought them :oops: and although they're not high velocity, they're still supersonic so a bit noisy, a pity as they are accurate. I'll bang em all off down the range next time I go to get rid.

Edited by Blunderbuss

Cheers. The HV came with the gun, don't see the need for them in .22, if I want to make that much noise I'll use my HMR! I thought the Lapuas were subs when I bought them :oops: and although they're not high velocity, they're still supersonic so a bit noisy, a pity as they are accurate. I'll bang em all off down the range next time I go to get rid.

Now spoken for pending collection

• 2 weeks later...