Taking my first foray out tomorrow morning

danccooke

After years of Pigeon shooting, tomorrow morning will be my first time out with an air rifle since I was a nipper. I will be heading out just before first light and hoping to take some rabbit home. Annoyingly only part of the new permission as I don't get to the see the other farmer until tomorrow later in the day. I know my luck they will all be sitting just over the boundary. If they are then so be it at least it will serve a recon mission for me, and when I get the rest of the permission later tomorrow I'll ask about lamping.

After years of Pigeon shooting, tomorrow morning will be my first time out with an air rifle since I was a nipper. I will be heading out just before first light and hoping to take some rabbit home. Annoyingly only part of the new permission as I don't get to the see the other farmer until tomorrow later in the day. I know my luck they will all be sitting just over the boundary. If they are then so be it at least it will serve a recon mission for me, and when I get the rest of the permission later tomorrow I'll ask about lamping.

Good luck mate :good: let us know how you got on :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Been an done a reccy 3 times this week for pigeons on a new drilled field,each time was late afternoon and i havent seen any pigeons yet,but heres the point,each visit i have seen at least 7 rabbits just playing in the sun,wish i still had an air rifle.

Grrrrr been laying here watching a rabbit heading my way for twenty mins. Just about to hop through the fence into my territory well in range. I'm laying parralell to the fence and a mangy black cat just tore after it grrrrrrrrrrr

Ahh lifes a ***** haha, i was creeping up on 2 bunnies the other day and a bird of prey swooped in and scared them away <_<

Ok then no rabbit this morning but....... An extra 20 acres granted and permission to lamp too. He wants them hit hard :-)

Best get me a lamp. Recommendations anyone. Remember it's an air rifle not a cannon

have a word with UK Poacher as he supplies a very natty red led torch kit with mount and pressure switch and mount.

ahhh... too late rush of blood and pay day.... I had to go to the gun shop to get a refill anyway as my dive bottle is away being tested.

Another cheap trip to the gun shop then.

Think seing as I finish work at 2200hrs tonight and the weather is good. Might as well test the new lamp on the new permission. Whats the worst that happens. I get cold and learn some stuff?? Or I get a Sunday lunch.

Ahh lifes a ***** haha, i was creeping up on 2 bunnies the other day and a bird of prey swooped in and scared them away <_<

at work t'other day minding my own business a small bird swooped past my head a mere inches away followed by some bird of prey - took me by suprise - the little bird was weaving all over the yard and this hawk (well i dont know what it was it was travelling so fast) was right on it's back - was like a ww1 dog fight

not sure how it resulted as they flew over into woodland and i lost them.

amazing watching nature like that

willing away the remainder of my shift. I was due to finish at 2200hrs, but i covered an extra 8 or so hours this week for the guy taking over from me. so he is coming in at 2030hrs for me. i'll be sat in the office in cammo at 2015hrs and In the fields by 2050hrs. I can't blank (not really I CAN'T)