English sporting at Cockett Farm

Sco77w

I've just picked up my new Armsan a612 semi auto today and I'm going to try it out on the clays at Cockett Farm tomorrow. What choke am I best off putting in to give me the best chance of breaking clays (assuming I'm pointing the gun in the right direction) got cylinder, modified and full. I don't want to be faffing about changing chokes for different stands as I think my ability will be the limiting factor not choke choice. just wondered what sort of distance the majority of clays are presented.

Edited by Sco77w

Hi i shoot there every Sunday morning, getting there about 10.00 ish. There is a good range of "birds" - High tower, rabbits, loopers, going away birds, incoming birds, Its a good shoot and Jane will fix you up within a group if you wish :)

would be nice to tag along with a few others (if they don't mind a semi auto) I've been a couple of times before I got my license and had a few shots of a club gun with Ken Rimmington, (a top bloke)

This could be a bit of a daft question but I'm new to this game. The lads that press the buttons and keep the scores, do they get tipped by the guns? if so how much?

Edited by Sco77w

would be nice to tag along with a few others (if they don't mind a semi auto) I've been a couple of times before I got my license and had a few shots of a club gun with Ken Rimmington, (a top bloke)

This could be a bit of a daft question but I'm new to this game. The lads that press the buttons and keep the scores, do they get tipped by the guns? if so how much?

[/quote

Iv`e neva tipped trappers at Cocketts,

How did you get on with the new gun then? I was there this morning with my Mrs. We were the ones with the springer if you saw us.

Ross

Hi Ross,

I can't say I saw you today, i think would have remembered (i've a bit of a soft spot for Springers) but the gun was fine, I shot like a complete novice tho and "lost the plot" can confirm that as i went for my first round with her group. In fact I was so shocked at how bad I did I went round again with a guy called Rob (who was a bit hard on himself for not doing too good either)and did no better. Really enjoyed it and will be back next week for more well needed practice.