First rabbit with new scope

welsh1

Got a new scope last week,and zeroed it in last saturday,that evening i went out and used the night vision,it was very good with a great nv image,and i christened it with a fox at 50yds,sorry no pics as i left the phone in the van,and that was a half mile trek so no photo.

This evening i popped out to just have a mooch and give the dog some exercise,and hopefully spot a bunny.

Saw this buck down the bank,and left the dog so i could creep down and to the side,got in position and this boy was standing up trying to figure out what was going on,two big breaths,and on the second exhale squeezed the trigger,bugs did a flip,and then a break dance,Jake went looking,and after a couple of minutes found it and brought it back,a nice male,now in the freezer.The distance according to google was 78yds.

Always nice to get the first rabbit with a new scope,just so you know it's all zeroed in correct.

Scope is a SM-3S2DN day/night scope with illuminated reticule,has 6x magnification,just turn the dial on the side and you have gen2+ night vision,laser pops on top and away you go,no stopping when it gets dark

img1060qm.jpg

how do you use the google distance finder thing?

Open google home page,click on maps,this will bring up google maps,one of the toggles along the top will say NEW (its in red on mine)click on that and a load of options pop up,enable the distance measuring tool,click save changes.

When you zoom in on the map to a field you have been in,in the bottom left corner is a little ruler,click on it and it opens a side bar,you can change to any measurement you want,yards is always good :good: then just click on map from your start point(where you shot from) and then click on your end point (shot rabbit).

It is very handy for looking at set distances around your permissions,i know if i walk down the centre of one fairway on a golf course it is 40yds to one side and 70yds to the other side,or marking your favourite spot and working out distances to set objects,comes in handy at night when squeaking foxy in.