.223 remington 700 not loading

farmshooter

hello all,

just some advice realy, when putting 4 rounds into my mag in the 700, when i work the bolt the 1st will load fine, the 3rd seams to pop out early and the back end of the round ends up being above the bolt, the 2nd will cycle somtimes, and the 1st will be fine

any advice on how to fix it?

thanks

FS

I had a Remington 700 in .222, and had exactly the same problem, load it with more than 2 rounds and it would not feed.

If you look at the mag from the top its capped of, so its obviously been modified from a larger calibre and not been designed specifically for short cartridges.

I tried adjusting the spring tension but no difference - never did get it to work properly so I traded it in and got a Tikka .22-250, no more problems !.

Hi

Unfortunately this is indicative of the Remy 700 when in the smaller calibres (.223 et al). The machine tolerances are that "loose", that at times there is insufficient metal in the mag to keep the rounds down. The force of the mag spring then works the stacked rounds out - causing the problem.

Action

- Return to RFD is possible

- Add a small shim at the top of the mag, this will keep all of the rounds in place allowing the bolt to cycle correctly. I know I had to do it!

Happy to discuss...

Cheers

C

Edited by Chubukos